DOD Performer 585 Analog Delay REV.1 schem. request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD Performer 585 Analog Delay REV.1 schem. request

There's two different versions of the 585A (that I'm aware of, and probably more knowing DOD...)

The 585 schem. pasted all over the web (*seems* to be for the non-"A" version). AKA the one sometimes shown as originating from Muzique.com (which it didn't -though they were kind enough to host it!).

I need the schem for 585-A Rev.1 if anyone might have it!

The obvious difference in the drawing is that there's a pic in the lower left of the schem, of the PCB orientation.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	- orig. schematic 585A v1 (TINY).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	869094
    I was lucky enough to catch a pic of an auction that had the schematic included to verify there *exists* a variation for my earlier unit, however, I have yet to track a readable copy down.

Additionally, one of the TL072's used in the Rev.2 is missing (was never there) in the Rev.1, and there's a transistor in place of the TL072 that wasn't used in the first batch (Mine is the '83 variant, sn034xxx) Also, one of the 2 trimmers (3 on the rev.2) is actually hand placed in the circuit on the underside of the board.

If anyone has a copy, I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Last edited by Audiotexan; 11-29-2014, 08:14 AM.
    Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Actually, if anyone has ANY copy of a 585A schematic...that'd be awesome!

(I put an email in to DOD yesterday, but so far, haven't heard back from them)

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

maybe this one
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mozwell View Post
        maybe this one
        Appreciate the try!!

That's the straight 585 though
        I need the '585-A' version (doesn't matter which revision, 1 or 2)

Comment

I don't have a schematic, but I seem to recall them using an 18V supply and people trying to use a 9V supply when they lost or killed their original supply. If my recollection is correct, make sure you are using an 18V supply.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            I don't have a schematic, but I seem to recall them using an 18V supply and people trying to use a 9V supply when they lost or killed their original supply. If my recollection is correct, make sure you are using an 18V supply.
            Definitely good reminder!
            Indeed, the factory adapter (1/4" TS) being a 20vdc/20ma adapter (It's the Model 500) with pos. tip!

Name:	5xx series AC adapter 1.JPG
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	836059

Comment

Also, I could've checked my email first (had I been awake enough to think straight).. but DOD did get back to me today, and were kind enough to send the schems for the 585-A which incidentally, includes revision 1 notes!!! =D

Color me a happy camper!

Name:	schematics 585A (rev.1 in notes, rev.2 printed).png
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	836060

Also, it's worth noting for those that do have the limited batch run of rev.1, it does NOT have P3 clock trim pot.

There's less than 4000 serials of rev.1 though, so it'll be rare. But I've yet to narrow it down any further than that.

sn#A030313 was a 585 (old-style white-grey chassis, w-early rounded DOD logo on switch button)

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	836061 Click image for larger version

Name:	2 pcb comp.jpg
Size:	756.3 KB
ID:	836066
              Orig. 585 pcb (pic credit to Sonicurbs -Italy)

unknown sn#'s...585-A (rev.1) silver chassis

Name:	585A (rev.1) silver chassis.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	836062

sn#A034386 (ca.83) is a 585-A (rev.1) new blue chassis.

Name:	585A (rev.2) blue chassis (ca.82-83) with AC adapter.jpg
Size:	470.9 KB
ID:	836063

sn#A035525 (ca.83) is a 585-A (rev.2) same blue chassis as rev.1 above

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	836064
              "traditional" (rev.2 pcb)

Name:	8 pcb comp.JPG
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	836065

I'll try to post a shot or two later of my rev.1 pcb (still need to dump them off the camera) for folks to be able to ID their model in the future!

Cheer's for trying to help, and appreciate the nice reminder about the PSU Dude!
              Last edited by Audiotexan; 12-04-2014, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Great info there AudioTexan!! I am sure many people will find this thread very helpful in the future. Also, one has to wonder how many people accidently plugged the power plug into the input or output jack on accident!!
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Incorrect insertion of the correct power supply should not do any damage as the signal input & output jacks are capacitor coupled to the circuit.

Comment

Working...
                  X