Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Super 60 Layout ?

Hi chaps

Does anyone have a Super 60 Component layout. Its one of those boards with the components facing down. hard work to trace

BBB

It's on the last page of attached service manual.
    Extremely tough board to remove. Any parts you that will fit should be replaced on the foil side rather than attempting to remove the board. For example, screen resistor: push old one through, shake it out, mount new one on foil side.
    But you probably know that already just from looking at the thing .
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks G1 Ive never had one of these amps in before. Not sure if i like um.

Comment

Originally posted by blindboybenton View Post
        Thanks G1 Ive never had one of these amps in before. Not sure if i like um.
        When they're working right Fender's Super 60 is a Boogie killer. I like 'em a lot and often suggest to customers who are looking for a good amp at a knock down price. Every now and then one shows up on Craigslist for $350-400, a steal for the quality. Cleaner cleans (what you'd expect from Fender) and a smoother more refined overdrive than Mesa generally delivers. Only problem: that darn circus board. Oh well ya can't have everything . The only ones I've seen are 1x12 combos but I think they were made in 2x10 and separate heads.
        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

And the size gives them the illusion of being portable.
          Until you try to pick it up.
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Damn heavey i know.

Comment

My one seems to have much less output from the clean channel where the drive seems to be much louder. On the clean channel wattage test im getting about 52 watts

new tubes all round. B+ is 200v supply for pre amp tubes . Done a mod to increase the gain of Clean by increasing R19 up to 10k. Done it with a pot

BBB
              Last edited by blindboybenton; 04-21-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blindboybenton View Post
                new tubes all round B+ is 200v
                What exactly you mean by 200V? The supply voltage for the power amp is +475V. Where exactly you have 200V?

Mark

Comment

should of been clearer the supply to the pre amp tubes is about 195v .

Comment

The weak clean channel was a common complaint. Cranking the mids will help. Lots of guys just used the dirty channel with the gain turned down.
                    But there were mods to deal with this. Is that where you got the R19 idea? Can you link any info?

Comment

Customer pick up the amp today seems very happy. said it was much loud than it was.

Super-60-Mods.pdf

BBB

Comment

Working...
                      X