JBL PRX 618

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL PRX 618

Does anyone have a schematic for a JBL PRX 618s powered subwoofer?

Hopefully this is what you are looking for...
    Attached Files
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

I don't think this is the one. The circuit board layout is different. It uses the IRFP250N mosfets.

Comment

Those schematics look like the PRX518S.

I fhave not come across the ones for the 618.

Suggest you contact JBL.

Or Crown Audio.

Comment

I called, left a message, and emailed them yesterday. I'll try again today.

Comment

Have you tried Crown Audio?

They made the amplifier.

Crown Audio
            1718 W. Mishawaka Road
            Elkhart, IN 46517
            USA
            (574) 294-8000
            support@crownaudio.com

Comment

I remember calling Crown before, but they redirected me back to JBL. Anyways, I finally got a hold of JBL tech support and they recommended to replace the amplifier board instead of trying to troubleshoot down to component level.

Comment

JBL Diff. EON 518S vs PRX 618s

Can someone please tell me how JBL manage to get 600 watts from a PRX 618s sub and 500 watts from a
                EON 518s sub when the amplifiers appear to be the same and the spl in the specs is identical to both (129dB)????
                See attached spec sheets

I have here 2 x EON 518s that have been thrashed to the point of failure and from where I'm looking (Aust) doesn't seem a viable repair.

Locally there is one main importer/agent.

A complete drop in amp assembly from Jands is...

JBL-364695-001 Amp Assy EON518S/230 AU$1,150.18 EACH (aprox US$830.72)

whereas in downtown USA......

Full Compass

Complete Amp Assembly for EON 518S JBL 364695-001 Our Price: US$371.30 AU$527.23 (Australian Dollar)

The Speaker Exchange

JBL EON 518S Amplifier Assembly JBL 364695-001 US$359.00

Pro Sound Service Inc.

JBL Pro Parts AMP ASSY, EON518S 364695-001 US$384.08
                ---------------------

While looking at parts several places show the amp is the same for both models.
                eg SMPS

JBL EON 518S, PRX618 Power Supply Switch 443227-001 was$170.00 now $165.00

Pwr Amp

Main Amp PCB for EON518S and PRX618S JBL 442983-001 Our Price: $219.01 List Price: $281.99

Main Amplifier Board JBL EON 518S, PRX618S 442983-001 was $210.00 now$200.00

Brand New Genuine JBL EON 518S and PRX618S Main Amplifier Board 442983-001. 90 day warranty

Started looking at one of the faulty SMPS's - lots destroyed including the bridge rectifier.

For interest and educational purposes started mapping it out.

Will attach the basics of slow work in progress in case it's of any help to anyone.
                (Attachment large for clarity )

So have I stumbled on a marketing "thing" a 100 watts extra at no cost ???? (re the 618s v's the 518s)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by oc disorder; 02-04-2016, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Could be the size of the power supply is different.

It could also be marketing inflation, although that usually doubles the output of an amp!

Never believe anything coming from a loudspeaker manufacturer, unless the measurement methodology is disclosed. I have seen powered speakers claiming "1000W" when they are biamped with identical 500W amps. One for the 12" woofer and one for the 1" horn. You really think that horn is ever going to see 500W?

Comment

Originally posted by WesG View Post
                    Could be the size of the power supply is different.

It could also be marketing inflation, although that usually doubles the output of an amp!

Never believe anything coming from a loudspeaker manufacturer, unless the measurement methodology is disclosed. I have seen powered speakers claiming "1000W" when they are biamped with identical 500W amps. One for the 12" woofer and one for the 1" horn. You really think that horn is ever going to see 500W?
                    Here it is.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X