Need Roland EM 305 schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Roland EM 305 schematic

Trying to repair a Roland EM 305 low end synth. It crackles and statics after on for about a minute. Thinking caps...

Why caps? Anything is possible, but on my list solder comes first, semiconductors right behind, then connectors, controls. Caps are way down my list. if it were a tube circuit, they might be higher up due to the voltage. But there is not much voltage in a synth, like maybe 15v tops.

Is it mechanically sensitive?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Here's the service manual. Good luck.
      Attached Files
      Drewline

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Comment

Appears not to be an a mechanical or contact issue. Analog output at speaker, headphone jack, line out, both channel starts breaking up after powered on 30 seconds, then power cycling clears the static for a second. Hearsay there are cases of poorly made caps aging causing problems in similar devices.

Comment

If you do suspect the power supply capacitors, measure them. (and look at them)

2005 was about the end of the bad caps.
          A visual inspection will show a bulge at the top of the can (indicating a build up of hydrogen gas that is attempting to vent.)

A test of the power supply voltages will help to narrow it down.
          If Vdc is low, it may be a cap going high on the ESR. (or a severe load on it, downstream)
          Vac measurements will tell if the caps are doing there job of filtering the Vdc.

As luck would have it the power supply & the output section are all on one board.

Take note that the signal output goes through a relay.
          Those contacts will have to be proven out.
          Attached Files

Comment

As far as I know, the EM-305 is very different from the E-30.

Comment

I appreciate the input and docs, but yes not an EM30, but the EM305 is just a cheapo not worth repairing except it belongs to a good friend. Have not had time to get back on it, but will try following the signal from the DAC... Don't recall seeing any bloated caps...

Comment

Working...
              X