Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vox marauder schematic

Hi good evening - morning

I got a vox marauder guitar in. Its one with built in fuzz and repeater and tonal s/w's.. It has a 3 way rotary s/w which is working but doing almost zero

seen a youtube vid and there one does alot more... Its possible its been modded as the soldering on the s/w is fresh..

Looking for a schematic for this i have a few parts too one schematic but not all the functions

BBB

Originally posted by blindboybenton View Post
    It has a 3 way rotary s/w which is working but doing almost zero
    Never seen one, but one three way is for pickup selection and the other is part of the mid-boost circuit. Which one is not working?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4336.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	841907

Hi Bill. its not wired to the 3 way strat style s/w.. its off the push s/ws.. I have some of the maps but not the one for this rotary s/w. It does very little. I may just bite the bullet and change all 3 of the caps as they look old.. Its been got at by a guitar tech recently .. Im not a guitar tech but i only do guitar electrics
      BBB

Comment

Originally posted by blindboybenton View Post
        .. its off the push s/ws..
        My understanding is that it sets the center frequency of the mid boost circuit. If there are caps connected, then that would seem to be correct.

It looks like the pickguard has been replaced, and so there are no longer any markings to show what switch does what.

Comment

I will check it tomorrow when I've changed the old caps . . They look tired and they are 50 yrs + old.. It does work but about 10% of what it should be. Bbb

Comment

I've never seen one either sure looks interesting but would think it needs a regular squirt of deoxit as part of it's ownership routine !

Found these diagrams which may be the ones you have.

Vox Guitar FX | ACID FUZZ

Found these photos by Boris Dommenget over at guitarmaker.de .
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi All tested this morning with a full set of string it was ok. But not fantastic .. So i replaced the caps on the s/w and its so much better, The you tube video i sort wasnt how this thing sounded
              By replacing the 3 caps it came back to life. I knew the s/w was fine as i had tested it

Job done Have a nice day.. be careful of those HT Rails

BBB

Comment

Hi all it is a very old post. I wish I could find some information. I have the same guitar, was my father’s and trying to resurrect it. All work fine except the fuzz and echo. When I press these buttons I get no signal. Have anybody found any schematics or is there any pictures showing the wiring cause when I opened the pick guard there was two cables hanging and I don’t know where to solder them. Any help would be very appreciated! All the best

Comment

Have you searched the internet ???? i have the diagrams in my guitar folder , but i cant seem to upload at present, I got them from the net i think from this place
                  https://www.acidfuzz.com/pages/vox-guitar-fx

If you are looking for help i would suggest you start another post

Comment

Upload diagrams is not complete. Missing module with mid boost selector.
                    If anyone has schematics with top / mid boost I would ask to upload it.
                    It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                    X