SWR Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWR Grand Prix

I'm looking for the schematic of SWR Grand Prix preamp. I've got one that was heavily modified and it does not work correctly. I need schematic to fix it.

Mark

What era is that, I don;t recall ever seeing a Grand Prix as a service center for the brand both on its own or as part of Fender.

I'll be damned. 1991, I do have it in my paper files. It is the same circuit as the Baby Blue preamp section. Only differences I see are the addition of a headphones amp and an LED VU tree. And a balanced output stage to drive the XLR.

it will take me some time to scan it, but Baby Blue ought to get you everywhere else.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you Enzo for reply. It is slightly more advanced than Baby Blue (I have Baby Blue schematic). It has several interesting features like e.g. two band semi-parametric equalizer.
      From SWR web site:
      "7 segment dot bar display, two band semi-parametric EQ, switchable high pass filter, side chain effects loop, effects blend control, tuner send, stereo headphone amp with separate volume control, balanced XLR record out with ground lift, pad and mute function, unbalanced line out (pre master), balanced XLR and unbalanced line outs, rack mountable."
      There were 2 versions of the preamp. I had both versions last week. They are very popular among bass players. It would be great if you scan it.

Mark

Comment

I will when I can, but it is identical to the Baby Blue up to the master volume other than slight variation in the EQ.. The component values in the three band EQ are a little different.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X