M-Audio SBX10 subwoofer schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
    I've got M-Audio SBX10 subwoofer with several problems (hum and no signal passing through). All harnesses are glued and it does not seem easy to diagnose without schematic. Has anyone got it?

Mark
    Hi!!!
    I have this subwoofer. It's working fine but has a low volume humming that is annoy in my silent control room, also transmite this noise to the monitors.
    I suppose that is not the same problem, isn't it? Maybe is induced noise from the transformer or maybe a poor quality capacitors like you said?
    What do you think?

This weekend im going to open it and take a look.

Thanks for share this info!!!

Comment

Sorry I’m late. I have an M-Audio Studiophile SBX Subwoofer that stopped working a while back. Nothing but a low level hum. Would like to have it repaired (to sell) and a service manual or schematic would be helpful. Otherwise I’ll eventually just sell for parts. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

The schematic is in post #7 of this thread.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

My SBX10 recently developed the same symptoms others have mentioned - 100hz hum and no signal. I replaced the two 1000uf/25v capacitors on the power board, which solved the problem. Thanks for the helpful info!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8021.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	974012

Comment

Thanks Doctor for the schematics. In my case, it wasn't the capacitor, but the bridge rectifier which finally melted! With a nice smell too. I couldn't find the RB152 (50v) easily, so used a 2W04 (400v) just like in wuchinow's photo. (Note I "restaged" the melted rectifier back on the board to show what it had looked like.) Click image for larger version  Name:	SBX10 rectifier.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.6 KB ID:	982342

Oh, before the rectifier failed, it started exhibiting a low level hum too, for about 6 months. But now no hum. So double-check your rectifier also...
            Last edited by snuuz; 05-13-2023, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I have a sbx10 also when you turn on making low level rumble at like max volume can’t turn it down or get any input I think it is also these capacitors mentioned in the thread I have ordered some. I do see that this jumper is not connected I assume this is supposed to be that? Does anyone know?
              Attached Files

Comment

The amp worked previously with that jumper clipped. I see no reason to mess with it.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Hola, tengo el subwoffer bx10s, sucede que cuando activo el crossover, al canal izquierdo le llega la seņal muy muy baja y recortada. Cuando lo desactivo la seņal llega bien. Aparte del tipico zumbido en 100hz. Tengo el diagrama. Seran los capacitores? Gracias

Comment

Working...
                  X