X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simms watts british made guitar/bass/pa amps

Hi

Ive just been given a load of paper copy's of simms watt solid state amps
    I don't have a scanner so i can't post them up on here , but if you need a copy i could sort something out

GE100
    Tri sound
    Pro combo
    1KE isaacs amp

BBB

Just a thought, contact our member nickb at his web site or a PM here.

Guitar Amplifier Schematics and more

He might be able to scan them for you and add them to his online library for all to see.

If that is a bad idea, blame me. If I read a map well, you appear to be 100-150 miles apart?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Just a thought, contact our member nickb at his web site or a PM here.

Guitar Amplifier Schematics and more

He might be able to scan them for you and add them to his online library for all to see.

If that is a bad idea, blame me. If I read a map well, you appear to be 100-150 miles apart?
      I'd be more than happy to do that.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Devon ain't to far. As long as you own a car. I give it up 1 yr ago. Work from home. Don't gig anymore due to my lug holes complaining. If you message me your address I'll post them to you. Never going to use them . BBB

Comment

Originally posted by blindboybenton View Post
          Devon ain't to far. As long as you own a car. I give it up 1 yr ago. Work from home. Don't gig anymore due to my lug holes complaining. If you message me your address I'll post them to you. Never going to use them . BBB
          Super - thanks will do.

Comment

Hey there,
            My friend is trying to repair my simms watts ge100 and we cant find any schematics to it. Did you happen to get those that blindboytent was talking about?If yes so, do you think you could post it here? Thanks in advance...
            cheers
            Laci

Comment

Originally posted by laszlow View Post
              Hey there,
              My friend is trying to repair my simms watts ge100 and we cant find any schematics to it. Did you happen to get those that blindboytent was talking about?If yes so, do you think you could post it here? Thanks in advance...
              cheers
              Laci

Here you go...

Click image for larger version

Name:	GE100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	683.2 KB
ID:	848397Click image for larger version

Name:	GE100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	683.2 KB
ID:	848397

Comment

Wow that was fast! Thank you very much, it was really nice of you.
                All the best,
                Laci

Comment

I felt pretty bad that I had to take the schematic site down very soon after bbb shared them with me. So to share again again is the least I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
                    Here you go...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46773[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46773[/ATTACH]
                    Hey there Nick,
                    Sorry for bothering you again. Do you by chance have a document with the values of the different electronic components too? On the schematics values are not indicated, the components are only numbered. My amp was "repaired" by some previous user and certain resistors are missing, other ones are replaced...
                    Thanks in advance!
                    cheers
                    L

Comment

Sorry, I don't have anything else. The way forward would be for you to annotate the schematic above with the values you have, marking any that you suspect. Then, mark what is missing and we can probably come up with some intelligent guesses.

As the end of the day you get a working amp and the world gets a complete schematic

Comment

http://www.smpartizan.com/?page_id=4390
                        Simms Watt s GE100 Service

https://reverb.com/item/3288820-simms-watts-ge100-valve-power-amp-solid-state-preamp-amplifier-head-100w-bass

http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?t=12704&p=140128
                        Simms Watt GE-100 Pre Amp Only

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/simms-watts-story.851596/
                        Simms watts story...
                        Last edited by vintagekiki; 02-01-2018, 04:38 PM.
                        It's All Over Now

Comment

It would be nice if someday you could post the SS ones.
                          All sites carry is Tube amps, no matter how obscure or irrelevant, and nobody posts the SS ones, which statistically are way more abbundant.
                          I remember tons of SS Simms Watts equipment, much of it for DJ use during the late 70īs early 80īs Disco craze, when "everybody was a DJ", but of course also some MI ones.
                          They filled the ad pages in the British Magazines I read, together with since disappeared Citronic DJ equipment, very well made.
                          Another brand suffering the same fate is Carlsbro.
                          You can find most of the tubed ones, but when I visited England in the lare 80īs the most abbundant brand all over the place was Carlsbro ... SS of course.
                          Contrary to what I expected , visiting all of Denmark Street (and surrounding streets) Music Shops I only saw 3 (three, not a typo) Marshall amps on display , 2 of which at the Rose Morris shop itself, and a few VOX ones, all SS .
                          Carlsbro were everywhere, and also massively found in Clubs and Pubs, together with a few HH ones.
                          Oh well, the power of selective memory.
                          Same in USA, now people think "everybody had a Fender" while in truth highest sellers must have been house brands such as Silvertone and similar ones; if anything because of price and availability.
                          Or the USA made VOX, again most (all?) SS , sold by the thousands , then disappeared from the public conscience.
                          [rant mode OFF]
                          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
                            Here you go...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46773[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46773[/ATTACH]
                            Hey,
                            True that. We'll still keep on looking and hoping to find the values somewhere, though I doubt its up there somewhere...Simultanuosly will also do the way you suggested and in any way we get results I will post that here...
                            cheers
                            L

Comment

Working...
                            X