Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL5CR and DSL20CR

Hi there,

it would be very nice, if someone could help and give me the schematics of the Marshall DSL5CR (not the DSL5C) and DSL20CR.

I'm fully aware that those belong to Marshall and I won't spread them over the internet, just need them for my personal purposes.
    So you don't need to post them here, if you don't want to, but you could contact me via PM and get an E-Mail adress for sending them to me.

Btw, great forum here. I have been reading posts for years and learnt a lot, now finally registered!

Best regards!
    Moony

Hi there,

sorry for bumping this thread.

Does anyone of you now have the schematics of the DSL5C Reissue (the one with 2x 12AX7, not the old one with 3x 12AX7)?​
    I still can't find it.
    I've already got the ones for DSL20CR but not for the DSL5CR.

Best regards!
    Last edited by Moony; 12-01-2022, 12:12 AM.

Comment

I've finally found it!

Best regards!

Comment

Originally posted by Moony View Post
        I've finally found it!

Best regards!
        Can you post it here?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I have to wonder how far off this schematic is in comparison.
          Attached Files
          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post

Can you post it here?

As I said in my first post 3 years ago I will not spread the schematics on the net.

But I can tell you that the preamp is very similar to the newer DSL1CR/HR and DSL20CR/HR (those schematics are easy to find):

Classic Gain channel. V1a > fixed tonestack > V2b > EQ > effects loop > power amp

Ultra Gain channel: V1a > V1b > V2a > V2b > EQ > effects loop > power amp

So the newer DSL5CR has 2 added gainstages in Ultra Gain channel (the older DSL5C has only one: V1b - and is a different animal)

V1a: 100k/ 1k8/680n (so big difference here - old one has 220k/ 1k8/4u)
            V1b: 100k/ 2k2
            V2a: 100k/ 8k2
            V2b: 100k/ 2k2/680n

The PI is solid state, that's why the new DSL5CR has one 12AX7 less than the older one.
            Depending on how you define the term, it is no longer a "full tube" amp, but a hybrid design like the DSL1CR/HR.

I had both the old DSL5C and the newer DSL5CR and compared them side by side a few years ago.
            For me the older DSL5C sounds way better - but that's probably a matter of personal taste.
            The newer one has an added Reverb which is nice to have.
            And a gain knob for the Classic Gain channel - but it doesn't break up if you crank it like the DSL5C does.
            Maybe an overdrive pedal is needed if you want those kind of crunch sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
              I have to wonder how far off this schematic is in comparison.
              It's a completely different amp.

Comment

Sorry, I had missed that remark in the first post. Thanks for posting about the differences.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

If it was an old Marshall amp model I guess it wouldn't be a problem.
                  But it's still in production and I was told that Marshall is after the the guys who share these schematics.
                  I just don't want to cause any trouble here.

My personal recommendation is to buy the older one and mod it a bit so that the Ultra Gain channel doesn't sound that bloated anymore.
                  It's a nice little amp and more or less the same built quality as the newer Studio amps (SC20, SV20), just with a smaller 12BH7 poweramp instead of 2x EL34 (which are running very cold at ~260V and 50% anyway).

And of course the stock 10" Celestion Ten30 speaker is not that great, I swapped it in my two DSL5C amps for a WGS ET-10 and a Retro-10.

Comment

Working...
                  X