Need schematic for rocktron xdc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need schematic for rocktron xdc

I’m looking for a schematic for the rocktron xdc. I called rocktron and they don’t even have it. Does anybody on here have a schematic.

Well, it was from 30 years ago. Hopefully they were polite.

Some of us are talented, what is wrong with your unit?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The potentiometers were shot i replaced all of them it had square plastic ones in it. Now the clean side works fine but the distortion side is not working. It’s passing signal threw it but the gain and exciter and volume is not working. I can here the distortion working buts that’s it. I have looked at the resistors and caps and ic nothing looks bad or burnt or anything. For 30 years old it still looks brand new. So I don’t know if a ic has gone bad Or a resistor or cap has gone bad. if I had the schematic I could see were the distortion side is on the circuit board. I have tried to trace it but I gave up lol to hard. I guess I could try my audio probe and see if I can find were the problem is.

Comment

I guess I could try my audio probe and see if I can find were the problem is.
        Sure, beats sitting there. Most bad parts look fine, only grossly damaged parts look burnt. One quick look I like to take is go down all the op amps and check the output pins for DC offset. I mean several volts, not a few millivolts. Signal tracer might find something.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the info I’ll check the outputs on the ic. so am I looking for like 2 or 3 volts. What voltage am I looking for a bad ic.

Comment

I am not looking for a specific voltage, I just didn't want you laboriously reporting a few millivolts on each one.

Many failed op amps just send an output pin to rail, ie to +15 or -15v. others get leaky and may indeed only show 2-3 volts. There is no list of failures are always THIS or THAT. it is just a test that can be quickly done, and it either exposes a bad part or it doesn't.

And by output pin I do not mean the OUTPUT of the unit, I mean pins 1 and 7 of every dual op amp, or the corners of a quad op amp like TL074. The outputs of the op amp ICs themselves.

Comment

Ok thanks I’ll will check them tomorrow.

Comment

Need schematic for rocktron xdc

Would anybody have the schematic for the rocktron xdc

Comment

https://music-electronics-forum.com/showthread.php?t=50195
                  Why the same question twice.
                  One question is enough to ask.
                  It's All Over Now

Comment

https://music-electronics-forum.com/showthread.php?t=50223
                    Why the same question twice.
                    One question is enough to ask.
                    It's All Over Now

Comment

well I figured I posted it in the wrong place so I thought I would repost it in schematic section. but if it’s bothering you that bad I can delete them.
                      Last edited by Jmpj50; 12-21-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

No one is mad or even bothered. Just pointing out how we do things here. You just arrived and have no way of knowing the day to day patterns here. Don't take it personally.

Two things we point out to people all the time: one is posting the same thing in two places, as you discovered, the other is adding their amp problem to the end of some other amp problem thread. We like to start new threads for a new problem, even if it is similar to the old thread. SO we call it out when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmpj50 View Post
                          well I figured I posted it in the wrong place so I thought I would repost it in schematic section. but if it’s bothering you that bad I can delete them.
                          No schematics found anywhere. May I ask what it is or isn;t doing? A schematic is not always required

nosaj
                          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

I will get back with u later and let u know what it is doing .

Comment

I think this section is good for schematic requests, and the other section is good for discussions. Sometimes we tack on discussions in this section and nothing wrong with that either, or vice versa.
                              But if someone like Jmpj50 posts asking for a schematic in the other section, and doesn't get much response, I can understand them thinking they maybe posted in the wrong area, and think that there may be people who have schematics but only look in this section.
                              So no harm done.
                              Originally posted by Enzo
                              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                              X