Need Eden Traveler 400 schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Eden Traveler 400 schematic

Having trouble with DC filament supply on this one.

Every Eden I've ever worked on had Power supply issues but don't look for any help from Eden. They suck and they won't give you schematics or offer assistance. They will tell you to send it in so they can fix it for a nice price though. That's why I don't recommend their products and as of lately there PCB's have gotten really cheap and skimppy but the price didn't go down, just the quality. Enzo may have the schemos and would be the only one I know that has them. You may have to wing it and troubleshoot it from common knowledge. I think that circuit has a big dropping resistor and maybe some zeners for regulators but the one I did that had that problem turned out to be a faulty filter cap in that supply. If you trace the wires or trace it out the two traces from pins 4 & 5 of the preamp tube should go to a header that goes to the heater supply. Unfortunately I had to draw my own schematic by taking that board off to fix it.
    KB

Comment

I don't think I have anything on Eden. I have repaired them when blown, but I just treated them generically. it is easy enough to ident the outputs, drivers, etc.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Looks like I'll have to wing it. I've emailed them but from what you say I guess I wont get any help. It's one of those situations where a static check of all components in the DC filament supply check good in and out of circuit. The 12 volts is present at the tube socket but when you plug in a tube (I've tried several known good tubes) it loads down to around 4 volts. So something is failing under the load. I'll try a shotgun approach and start replacing each individual component. They are all generic parts, TIP31 , some zeners and other common stuff. Just hoping someone else has seen this issue.

Comment

Problem solved. This amp had been previously worked on. I had to reinstall a filter cap right at the half wave rectifier that supplies the DC up to the TIP31. This pulled the voltage up where it should be.

Comment

Great. Once again skill wins over a roadmap.

I have trained many technicians, and one thing I liked to tell them was troubleshooting skills will get you past a lack of schematics better than schematics will get you past a lack of troubleshooting skills. I don't want to fill the world with guys who expect a list of what parts to change for any symptom they come up with. The way Gerald Webber works bugs me.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

road maps

the skills to troubleshoot your way through it, is the way to go.
              but just in case you still want the map. pm me.

Comment

Just a note that I had a hum problem with the same amp today, turned out that the mounting screws being loose on the amp block seemed to be causing the hum. Make sure all the screws are tightened as they get loose with use.

Comment

Working...
                X