Fishman SA220

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishman SA220

This is a long shot but does anyone have a schematic for this? I have one with distortion in Ch 1. It's caused by a DC offset in the op-amps after the EQ and before the phase switch, around the anti-feedback control.
    I know this model has problems with bad pots, but they check OK. I'm going bug-eyed trying to trace the SMD circuit.

I have called Fishman before and they sent me a schematic. Of course not this amp but they are very helpful.

Edit: Of course they may only send out schematics of discontinued amps. As far as I can tell the SA220 is not being manufactured anymore so maybe they might finally say yes here is the schematic.
    Last edited by DrGonz78; 09-25-2020, 07:23 AM.
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Turns out it was a pot after all. The base has a metal stand-off with sharp edges It was touching the pcb traces. Only the Anti-Feedback pots have this.

Like this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pot base.JPG
Views:	669
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	914280

I asked Fishman for a schematic. If I ever get it and they don't object, I'll post it here.

Comment

Good catch!!

Comment

As promised here is the schematic
          Fishman SA220 sch.pdf

Comment

I sold one to my uncle earlier this year. So this might come in handy in the future. Thanks for posting it Dmeek.
            When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
            X