Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall MG100HCFX

Hello all,

I have this Marshall MG100HCFX Head version in for repairs. I was told it has a cracking volume. Tested it with headphone and confirm. Sprayed it then try to test with headphone and a speaker from another amp. No positive result. I just noticed a fan inside facing downward. I did not see this prior. My questions are.

Is the fan suppose to spin from start up?

Is it safe to power up without speaker load?

Can I connect only one 8 ohm load at one of the speaker out? Or must I use two?

With some schematics it could be comprehending to be sure where the signal path are for me to scope around since I opened the amp.

Thank you kind folks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fucking MG100HCFX.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.78 MB ID:	918618
    Attached Files

doesn't promise much but ...

https://music-electronics-forum.com/forum/schematic-requests/50366-request-marshall-mg100hcfx-schematic

contact doctor (pm)
    It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by ahseng View Post
      Hello all,

I have this Marshall MG100HCFX Head version in for repairs. I was told it has a cracking volume. Tested it with headphone and confirm. Sprayed it then try to test with headphone and a speaker from another amp. No positive result. I just noticed a fan inside facing downward. I did not see this prior. My questions are.

Is the fan suppose to spin from start up?

Is it safe to power up without speaker load?

Can I connect only one 8 ohm load at one of the speaker out? Or must I use two?

With some schematics it could be comprehending to be sure where the signal path are for me to scope around since I opened the amp.

Thank you kind folks.

Click image for larger version Name:	Fucking MG100HCFX.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.78 MB ID:	918618
      fan should spin when the temperature gets very hot on the power amp,at idle in normal condition it never starts.
      yes ,transistor amps don't need a load.
      this amp is a real pain,because of all the programming features they added,ruining both sound and reliability.

Comment

I bet fan/heatsink designer "other job" is designing motherboards.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X