Need Peavey Mark III Standard (1978) Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Peavey Mark III Standard (1978) Schematic

Hey Gents, looking for Peavey Mark III Standard schematics and/or service manual. Have had this amp in my shop for years and decided to fix it to hear what it sounds like.

Just spend about 2 hours checking the usual rabbit holes on the internet to no avail. I did find a copy of the 260D version from 1986 but an accurate schematic would be great.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Call Peavy they will email one to you.
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Does your Standard say Mark III on the face? The Mark III lines were not out in 1978. Look for a plain old Standard. Standard came in A and B versions.

I ask: is the preamp transistors instead of ICs? And do you have four input jacks? Are they labelled Hi and Lo for each channel? Or maybe four input jacks labelled Effects, Normal, Series, Parallel? Does yours have a Distortion control?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Mark_III_standard
        Attached Files

Comment

Enzo - See the attached photo, 1978 under Mark III series, I just assumed this was a date?

Will look for the Mark III standard and have a call into Peavey just in case. Thanks all!

Comment

OK, I believe it. How about those input jacks? And is the preamp IC based or discrete transistor based?

The power amp will likely have an identity like 300BH written in the copper traces. See if you can spot that.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              OK, I believe it. How about those input jacks? And is the preamp IC based or discrete transistor based?

The power amp will likely have an identity like 300BH written in the copper traces. See if you can spot that.
              Enzo, I haven't opened the amp yet to check, but I just received the schematic from Peavey Parts a few minutes ago.

The schematic is labeled Standard MK III and dated 1978. Preamp page is IC based.

Tthe power amp schematic page is labeled 260D, assume a version number? Power amp board layout was included and also labeled 260D

I'll open the amp in a day or two to compare and will report back. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

If the schematic they sent is any different from the one Sugeda posted (post #4), please post it.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                  If the schematic they sent is any different from the one Sugeda posted (post #4), please post it.
                  I didn't see a schematic with Sugeda's post. Attached is the schematic I received from Peavey.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X