Request for U-Test-M Tube Tester Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for U-Test-M Tube Tester Schematic

Gents, I'm hoping someone might have documentation for the U-Test-M Tube Tester Model 2600. A service manual would be great. I believe this is a 1974 model.

I'm in the process of restoring it to preserve a bit of history, and it looks cool in the shop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What's wrong with it? If I remember correctly there's a ton of sockets on it. So problems come down to PT or broken wire.
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
      What's wrong with it? If I remember correctly there's a ton of sockets on it. So problems come down to PT or broken wire.
      nosaj
      nosaj - its working but it would be nice to have a schematic and calibration information. There were hundreds if not thousands of these machines around, but I've yet to find any documentation.

Comment

Some of those had schematics on the inside of the case. Have you peeked inside?
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Jecarroll7 View Post

nosaj - its working but it would be nice to have a schematic and calibration information. There were hundreds if not thousands of these machines around, but I've yet to find any documentation.
          i think your going in the wrong direction with this tester. Yes mancave cool, but calibrated not likely as these were designed more or less to sell more tubes.
          On my Jackson there is a line voltage setting you basically move to center the meter so no matter what wall voltage you have .

In link attached one was found inside.

This link one of the images is the tester chart. you might can blow it up .http://antiquetvguy.com/WebPages/The...-U-TEST-M.html

nosaj
          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            Some of those had schematics on the inside of the case. Have you peeked inside?
            I have, nothing there. I've also taken to contacting anyone on EB that is selling one to see if they might have a copy inside their tester. So far no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post

i think your going in the wrong direction with this tester. Yes mancave cool, but calibrated not likely as these were designed more or less to sell more tubes.
              On my Jackson there is a line voltage setting you basically move to center the meter so no matter what wall voltage you have .

In link attached one was found inside.

This link one of the images is the tester chart. you might can blow it up .http://antiquetvguy.com/WebPages/The...-U-TEST-M.html

nosaj
              I do have the original test chart for the model 2400 so I'm good there. Thanks for the links, I've seen the one from AR but I think I'll post over there as well to see if anyone has a lead. EB has some of the marketing collateral but that's not what I'm looking for.

Comment

You had previously posted about the model 2400. Is this a different unit or is 2600 a typo?
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

My apology - 2600 is a typo, looking for the U-Test-M Model 2400 service manual and/or schematic. Getting old.

Good catch g1, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X