Garnet P-45 bass amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garnet P-45 bass amp

I am looking for a Garnet P-45B bass amp schematic. I think Garnet also relabeled amps with different names. The tube compliment is 12AU7 preamp, 12AX7 phase inverter, pair of 6V6 output tubes and solid state rectifier. Thanks!
    Last edited by Axtman; 01-25-2021, 11:22 PM.

This might be it or close to it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Garnet 45B.gif
Views:	348
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	923460

Comment

Thanks! I think that you may be right. I will have to compare it to the actual amp. It is probably close enough that I can work with it.

Comment

Is yours actually labelled as Garnet, or is it Piper?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The amp has no label other than this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	garnet back label.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	312.4 KB
ID:	923472

Comment

That's a Piper model number. Like you said, it's a stencil amp (built by Garnet).
            Between the schematic dmeek posted and the one attached (less reverb and trem), you should be able to figure it out.
            Attached Files
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Well I ended up sort of using both schematics. There is still no exact match that I can find.

Oddly enough I think this is my first cathode biased amp that I have ever worked on. (Of course most preamp tubes are cathode biased.) I will be very curious to see how it sound when I am done.

Comment

https://www.tdpri.com/threads/piper-garnet-p45b-bass-amp-rebuild.385445/
                Single Channel - 20 Watts RMS
                1-10"
                It's All Over Now

Comment

Let me know how it goes. I'm looking at the same amp tomorrow. 2X 6V6 's
                  How does it sound ? Clean muddy like a Traynor maybe? loudish ?

Comment

Working...
                  X