Hammond transformer data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond transformer data

I recently purchase a parts lot. In the pile were three all black transformers that the seller told me were from an old Hammond organ. I cannot find any information on this transformers. Here are the only red markings on the transformers.

Power transformer: 512-14511G
    Output transformer: 512-14598G
    Choke: 512-13926B

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I found a reference to that choke as being used in a Baldwin Orgasonic organ and other references to Baldwin organs using transformers with manufacture code 512. Maybe it was a Baldwin not a Hammond?

Comment

I think that you may be correct.

Comment

Baldwin is the likely source. There are quite a few *oogle hits for Baldwin and those - or similar - part numbers. I got a 61P Baldwin power amp off *bay a few years ago, I can look at the part numbers to see if they are close or match. My iron is from a 2x 6L6 power section, if that helps.
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Thanks. I will seek out a few organ forums and ask the question.

Is there a way that I can revise the heading of this post? If not I may start a new post using the word "Baldwin" instead of "Hammond".

Comment

Working...
          X