Schematic needed for Green Amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematic needed for Green Amplifier

Need a schematic for a Green Electric Amplifier model GZ 51. This uses the EL34 output ( Problem appears to be in the phase inverter section,. Very distorted and low gain, tube OK ) Outputs OK.

I have no schematic, but I'd wager my lunch money they use a long tailed pair phase inverter, and those tend to be quite similar. Imagine a Fender PI and trace out yours and see wher it differs.

You could try contacting info@electricamp.com
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

At the greenamps website, it says this: "Scorched and Burnt out old 1978 MATAMP GT-120's
      Covered in GREEN logos and Vinyde"

Maybe they used the same circuit?
      https://el34world.com/charts/Schemat...1973gt_120.jpg
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        I have no schematic, but I'd wager my lunch money they use a long tailed pair phase inverter, and those tend to be quite similar. Imagine a Fender PI and trace out yours and see wher it differs.

You could try contacting info@electricamp.com
        I guess youŽll go hungry

Green/Matamp are later versions of original Orange amps, notice the not-so-subtle reference of a Colour as Brand name [rolleyes] plus obvious finish and graphic choices, so I bet MY lunch money they use the infamous Cathodyne Phase Inverter instead, which has well known problems (I HATE them).

Click image for larger version

Name:	4559435ff1dc9461ff468c044281bc70.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	943913

Name:	matamp-49.jpg?fit=1200%2C792&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	943914

Name:	IMG_0491_75ea384c-2756-43c6-8a8a-6c53487542f9_1024x1024.jpg?v=1477087936.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	943915

Preamps vary every day of the week for commercial purposes but power amps tend to stay the same, search for a roughly same power range classic Orange schematic and youŽll have your PI

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

A few years ago I went up to see the Jeff Lewis the present Matamp owner and he showed me the original hand-drawn schematics for all the amps they produced back then. If you took away the telephone and calendar you'd be certain that you'd gone back in time to the early 70s. Jeff smoked so many cigarettes that day I had to buy a pack of baby wipes from the nearby supermarket and try to get the smell out of my hair before getting in the car.

Comment

Thanks to all. i picked up where I left off and found the problem; a capacitor across a plate resistor had gone leaky and was reading 2 K through it. Not sure why they put a resistor across a plate resistor but there was a 560 PF cap in parallel with it (maybe prevented oscillation?) Anyway I replaced it and the amp is back in operation.

Comment

Working...
            X