Digitech twin tube schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech twin tube schematic

I’m needing a schematic for a digitech twin tube.

I tried calling digitech for the gfx1 schematic that was a useless call. He said they don’t give out schematics unless your a authorized service center. So I asked him you can’t give a schematic out for something that’s 30 years old. And been discontinued for aleast 29 years he said nope. That’s don’t make any since for something that’s 30 years old.

Comment

Here's the deal. You don't have to agree with it, hell I may not agree with it. But companies control their technical documents. If they send them to you, that is giving you tacit approval to work on the item. They have zero idea how able you are, how competent a tech you might be, how careful you are. If in the process of working on something you injure or even kill yourself, THEY ARE IN THE LIABILITY LOOP. Granted, if you work on a footswitch, there is little likelihood of that, but they don't make policy item by item.

Many companies have also learned that when guys start "fixing" things on their own, they will never blame themselves if they cannot fix it, it will always be "Damned Fender/Marshall/Digitech/whatever stuff is just not fixable." And that is a negative on their company among your associates.

I once had a fellow on my phone ask for help with an amp. He SEEMED to talk like he had a clue. Amp not working, I told him to check the plate voltages. He said "Good idea, is the plate that metal part that holds the amp in the cabinet?" I realized I could be getting this guy killed.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Very good points Enzo. A schematic does not guarantee a repair either and it is up to the person repairing the device to have a skill set to be able to fix it.

Still I am in favor of giving the schematic to the owners of devices. The way I see it is that these skills can’t be acquired without support. So I appreciate the email the other night to Gibson and waking up to a schematic in my inbox. Support the company that supports you.
        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I bought a Randall amp long time ago it wasn’t working I emailed Randall for the schematic next day it was in my inbox. I emailed Ibanez for a schematic and it was in my inbox the next day. They both didn’t have a problem sending out schematics.

Comment

And Peavey used to be king of support. I was trying to explain WHY companies have a policy. If those concerns are not important to a company, then they won't have a restrictive policy. Point is that they don't do it just to be mean.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X