Need Schematic for Behringer Studio 50USB Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Schematic for Behringer Studio 50USB Monitors

As the title says looking for schematic for the amp module for these monitors. I found and replaced a shorted filter cap, but also has a resistor burnt beyond recognition (R14). Tried a search and Behringer doesn't release schematics, so hoping someone has one. Even finding the value of R14 might help. It's a large maybe 3W black resistor,...... minus the black part.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

I know you probably already know a lot of this. Is this in the smps portion or the amp portion? Maybe looking of the datasheet for the IC might produce a sample circuit that would help get values in the right area?
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Also musictribe no longer gives out behringer schems but based on this link they do answer what value a resistor is .. maybe worth a shot. i did find some gutshots but angles are wrong. You have to scroll down to see pics.

nosaj
      https://en.audiofanzine.com/active-m...dias/pictures/

soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

From what I can tell, the resistor is in the PS secondary. The SMPS appears to be working after the cap replacement. I have +&-15V at the op amps. I have no idea what the resistor supplies. It has roughly 24V on one side and zip on the other side (since it's burned open). It's difficult to trace since the board is SMD with tons of through holes. Power amp IC's (2 of them) are SMD and buried under a heat sink that I'd prefer not to disassemble unless necessary. Pins are as small as the period at the end of this sentence. I've found pictures of the board on the web, but the resistor is discolored in those pics too, leading me to believe that the resistor runs hot by design (or lack thereof). I have also noticed that the same cap is bulged in all the pictures I've found. Here's a pic from the web. I circled the parts in question. This board seems to have similar or same problems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studio 50USB.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	946675

Comment

Well, I just registered and created a support ticket with Music Tribe. We'll see if they respond. Thanks for the link!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Santa Sugeda!
              Thank you.

There you have it.
              R 14. 470 ohm, 2 watt 5% carbon resistor.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much sugeda! You rock!

Comment

Great find - thank you for the schematic! I have a pair and I think I blew the tweeter on the left speaker due to the sometimes extremely load USB sound levels that pop up when you reboot Windows. I'm going to make a modification on the VOLADJ pin of IC7 to try to normalize the USB channel volume somewhat. In the meantime I would like to see if I can replace the tweeter (if it is faulty). Can anybody assist with where one would find a replacement? I am in South Africa... Also - how does one open the speaker to be able to get to the tweeter? There is no panel at the back to be removed and there are screws on the inside that holds on the front plastic cover which is almost impossible to get to. Any assistance would be most welcomed!

Comment

Working...
                  X