Eden WTX-500 schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eden WTX-500 schematic

I am looking for an Eden WTX-500 amp schematic and/or service manual. Thanks!

It looks like that amp uses a B&O Icepower power amp module (probably a 125ASX2). You won't find any schematics or service manual for that, but you can probably get a datasheet. Do you know if the problem is preamp or power amp? Then again since the Icepower probably provides the DC rails for the preamp it may be impossible to really tell. The "good" thing is that if it is the Icepower module you can can get a new one and the repair time is near zero.

Click image for larger version  Name:	edenwtx500.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.4 KB ID:	955479

Comment

glebert,

Currently the amp is in transit so I do not have it in front of me. I thought I would review the schematic before I get into the amp.

I am a little nervous about tackling the repair of Class D amplifiers since I know so little about them. I am hoping the repair is something simple.

Thank you for identifying the power amp section. It is good to know that I can do a board swap. Are ICE boards are used in a lot of different manufacturer's amps?

Comment

Originally posted by Axtman View Post
        glebert,

Thank you for identifying the power amp section. It is good to know that I can do a board swap. Are ICE boards are used in a lot of different manufacturer's amps?
        I believe they are pretty common. I have a couple of Ashdown amps that use them.

Comment

You can't really repair the ICE Class D module, you just replace it. However, it does supply the low voltage rails to the preamp like glebert said. You can check if those supplies are getting to the preamp. One fault I did manage to repair on an ICE module was a burnt inductor right at the connector sending the aux. power to the preamp board. Bad solder at the connector would also be a possibility.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I think some (most? all?) of the Icepower modules have a pin to read out fault conditions.

Comment

Since there are available send and return jacks, I'd start there and see if you can determine whether it's a preamp or power amp problem. As has been stated, it's likely the ICE module supplies the preamp supply, so using the loop jacks may not tell you much, but it's a quick easy check. What is the problem with the amp?
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by glebert View Post
                I think some (most? all?) of the Icepower modules have a pin to read out fault conditions.
                You got any info to back up that statement?
                nosaj
                soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

The problem with self-diagnostics in a system is that they have to have a system working well enough to run the diagnostic.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...n-nothing-else
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by sugeda; 03-16-2022, 11:34 PM. Reason: Preamp schematic only

Comment

sugeda to the rescue again! You rock!
                      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post

You got any info to back up that statement?
                        nosaj
                        Page 21
                        https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs...data-sheet.pdf

Comment

Well I got the amp and it looks like there is no power to anything. So I guess I will buy a new main board. Where do you recommend that I get one. (I'm kind of leary of Ebay.) Has anyone had experience with Alli Epress? Thanks again everyone for your help.

Comment

I've gotten a 125ASX2 off Ebay and it worked fine. I have never bought from Ali Express, I think it is very much buyer beware. At least Ebay has some buyer protections.

Comment

Working...
                            X