DeArmond (Rowe) Guitar Amplifier Model R25T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeArmond (Rowe) Guitar Amplifier Model R25T

Can anyone post or point me to a schematic for the DeArmond R25T?

Thank you

Without that part, you are up a creek, there is a 6v6 schematic version out there.

"A schematic diagram and instructions were supplied with every amp. An interesting feature of every tube amp sold under both DeArmond and CF Martin brands was the inclusion of a number of electronic components in one or more maroon-coloured resin-encapsulations. This item is seen is seen at the top of the schematic diagram above, marked EP-9097, with ten numbered leads exiting from it."

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
      Without that part, you are up a creek, there is a 6v6 schematic version out there.

"A schematic diagram and instructions were supplied with every amp. An interesting feature of every tube amp sold under both DeArmond and CF Martin brands was the inclusion of a number of electronic components in one or more maroon-coloured resin-encapsulations. This item is seen is seen at the top of the schematic diagram above, marked EP-9097, with ten numbered leads exiting from it."
      Interesting and appreciated heads up. I was thinking of buying the amp to restore but given it's terrible condition and the fact it has an epoxied section, I am probably going to consider it for any useful parts now.
      Last edited by misterc57; 11-07-2022, 08:04 PM.

Comment

These must be what you are referring to.... one of the amps has 3 of them

Click image for larger version

Name:	epoxy.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	972610 Click image for larger version

Name:	epoxy2.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	972611

Comment

They were used in TV's, radios, organs back then. Some were called couplets. If there's numbers on them it may be possible to get the parts list. Schematic may be inside the amp. Given that those amps are rare and somewhat desirable, i would probably buy it if the price was right. There may be nothing wrong with the epoxied parts.

EDIT , don't remember if it was Sprague who made them?

Comment

After 1.5 years this amp has crossed my path again and is now mine. Owner removed the speakers.

Operational condition is unknown. I will be posting pics and updates.

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post

... This item is seen is seen at the top of the schematic diagram above, marked EP-9097, with ten numbered leads exiting from it."
              Was there a schematic at one time attached to this thread?

Comment

Possible, looks like posts are missing.

Comment

Much appreciate if anyone has a schematic or can point me to one.

Thank you, Mark

Comment

Originally posted by misterc57 View Post

Was there a schematic at one time attached to this thread?
                    No, the statement you quoted was taken from another website, here: https://www.musicpickups.com/amplifiers/
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                    X