Marvel 35 (by "Premier") schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel 35 (by "Premier") schematic?

I know this is a long shot, but I just picked up a Marvel 35 tube amp made by Premier, likely from the mid-1940s. I am told its a simple circuit kind of like a Fender Champ, but I was hoping I might find an actual schematic for it. I have done some internet searching, but no luck so far...Just thought I would ask here too.

What tubes are in it? I would say post a picture of the amp too but the site might restrict you until you have a few more posts. Does the amp have both a power transformer and output transformer?

edit: strike my last question about transformers. I looked up the amp and see it a good one. Just had to be certain it wasn’t a widower maker.

double edit: - 5 watts, 12/AU7/6V6 GT/6X4 vintage tubes

Those are tubes that were listed. I think it’s more 1950’s. I am sure you can check date codes on the parts themselves.
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Okay there are some that are from 1946 through the early fifties. The first amp I first looked up was from the 50’s. The transformer form factors were changed but the tube types look the same although this reverb listing says unmarked power tube. Looks like a 6v6

https://reverb.com/item/65020367-mar...-1946-tube-amp

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
        What tubes are in it? I would say post a picture of the amp too but the site might restrict you until you have a few more posts. Does the amp have both a power transformer and output transformer?

edit: strike my last question about transformers. I looked up the amp and see it a good one. Just had to be certain it wasn’t a widower maker.

double edit: - 5 watts, 12/AU7/6V6 GT/6X4 vintage tubes

Those are tubes that were listed. I think it’s more 1950’s. I am sure you can check date codes on the parts themselves.
        Hi. Thanks for the input. Would you mind telling me where you obtained that information?

Is there any hope of finding a schematic for this?

As for pictures, let me try:

Click image for larger version  Name:	uaiw6wghixjulngtjr69.jpg Views:	0 Size:	228.4 KB ID:	978418

Comment

Yeah your amp has the flat mount power transformer like the one on the reverb link. So it’s the older model. I just looked up a couple of reverb.com listings on the marvel 35. I get lightly damp rag and remove some dust off of the components. Then start with the resistors and jot down the value of each resistor and which tube pin it connects to. Also can you confirm the tube types you have for the amp?

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
            Yeah your amp has the flat mount power transformer like the one on the reverb link. So it’s the older model. I just looked up a couple of reverb.com listings on the marvel 35. I get lightly damp rag and remove some dust off of the components. Then start with the resistors and jot down the value of each resistor and which tube pin it connects to. Also can you confirm the tube types you have for the amp?
            Ha! The Reverb listing you posted is "THIS AMP". I found it off of a different listing site....it should probably be taken down by the seller now. The photo I posted is one of the seller's photos. I haven't opened it up yet and probably will this week. I'll report back here when I have some updates.

Comment

The whole time I was searching for info on that model amp and I was referencing the actual amp. That’s cool. My guess is that is rare bird. I found another 40’s premiere schematic but it uses loctal tubes. That was what I was expecting in my first post. A 7C5 is used like you would a 6V6. They used a 7C7 for the preamp, war time tubes.

Comment

That's a very simple 3 tube amp. It wouldn't be difficult to draw up your own schematic.
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                  That's a very simple 3 tube amp. It wouldn't be difficult to draw up your own schematic.
                  I plan to take a stab at that once I get it open, but if I found one in advance that, would be great too.

Comment

Working...
                  X