Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Rumble 25 Bass Revision C or Version 3 (not Revision A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Rumble 25 Bass Revision C or Version 3 (not Revision A)

Hi, everyone--

I just received a Fender Rumble 25 Bass Version 3 solid state amp that has a somewhat common problem of ultra-low output that sometimes kicks in ultra loud*.

Fender no longer sends out the schematic upon request.

Brad the Guitologist on YouTube somehow got the schematic and shows parts of it in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiBbvl4vQZc

But in the comments, when people asked him where he got the schematic, he said to Google/DuckDuckGo it.

So far, Google/DuckDuckGo/Bing only return the Rev. A schematic, which is a bit too different from Rev. C (especially test point values).

Could someone post either the schematic or the service manual for the Fender Rumble 25 Bass Version 3 (aka Revision C)?

Thanks very much in advance!

* It's not the headphone jack having cold solder joints and causing the complete speaker cut-off. I hear audio on the speaker and all the controls work properly--it's just really low volume. There are a couple of similar discussion threads out there on other forums that describe the same symptom, and it seems a few people know what it is. They claim the TL074 IC (not sure which one of the two, U1 or U3) fails prematurely and must be replaced. I figure it's U3 they are referring to, since the AUX IN is also very quiet, and AUX IN is after U1 in the block diagram. It might also be U2, an LM13700M used in a limiter circuit that could be drastically suppressing the input to the power amp. I'd need the test point values on the schematic to isolate the problem.
    Last edited by dchang0; 11-12-2023, 07:01 AM.

Oh, if someone needs Revision A, here it is. It's not useful to me (uses different ICs, has different features than Version 3).

fender_rumble_25_schematic_rev-a.pdf

Comment

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/t...ematic.387680/

There's a full diagram in the chat room in the last post!

Comment

Originally posted by x-pro View Post
        https://www.diyaudio.com/community/t...ematic.387680/

There's a full diagram in the chat room in the last post!
        Thanks--that's for a Rumble 40 Rev C, which is much fancier than the Rumble 25 Rev C. It appears to use similar ICs, though, but in a slightly different topology.

Comment

How about rev.A of the V3.
          Attached Files
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Here are some screenshots from The Guitologist's video. They show most of the schematic but not all.

There are probably enough test points to be able to figure out my particular amp, but others might need more of the schematic.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dchang0 View Post
              Here are some screenshots from The Guitologist's video. They show most of the schematic but not all.
              Did you see the schematic above in post #5 ? I don't think the email notifications are working right now so you may have missed it.

Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

"Fender Rumble 25 Bass Revision C or Version 3 (not Revision A)"

Revision is different from version

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                  Did you see the schematic above in post #5 ? I don't think the email notifications are working right now so you may have missed it.
                  Thanks, you're correct, email notifications don't seem to be working. I just downloaded the PDF you shared right now. Thanks very much!!!
                  sugeda just pointed out that Revision and Version are not the same--it is possible that Revision A of Version 3 will work fine for my amp.

Comment

Originally posted by sugeda View Post
                    "Fender Rumble 25 Bass Revision C or Version 3 (not Revision A)"

Revision is different from version
                    Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know they were separate terms in this context.

Comment

Working...
                    X