Mesa Boogie M3 Carbine Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie M3 Carbine Schematic

I had a hard time finding this one and wanted to share.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by KCman View Post
    I had a hard time finding this one and wanted to share.
    Thanks. The file includes supplemental information so it's more than just a schematic. Nice clear easy to read quality too.

Comment

I thought I would never see any of the Carbine schematics. Last week I had an M9 Carbine in for repair. It just had a shorted bridge rectifier, but while I had the chance I traced the output and power sections.
      Here they are for comparison:

Click image for larger version  Name:	M9 Output Amp sch.gif Views:	0 Size:	169.9 KB ID:	995896 Click image for larger version  Name:	M9 Power Supply sch.gif Views:	0 Size:	271.6 KB ID:	995897

Comment

Originally posted by dmeek View Post
        ... Last week I had an M9 Carbine in for repair. It just had a shorted bridge rectifier, but while I had the chance I traced the output and power sections...
        Cool!
        It takes a lot of effort to generate schematics by tracing through a Mesa Boogie circuit board.
        There has been speculation of incorrect versions and purposeful anomalies or exclusions in the published service information. Now that you have seen the original, did you notice any issues with the Mesa published schematics?

Comment

I've heard talk of "deliberate errors". I doubt it though I'm willing to be proven wrong. I think most differences between schematic and actual product
          are because of problems found and changes made late in production and updating the service manual and schematic is not a high priority.
          My main complaint with Mesa schematics is there is no pcb layout drawing. When I see optocouplers stacked 3 or 4 high my brain hurts.​

Comment

Originally posted by dmeek View Post
            When I see optocouplers stacked 3 or 4 high my brain hurts.......
            Amen to that!

"I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
            X