Epiphone EA-50T Pacemaker Power Transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone EA-50T Pacemaker Power Transformer

I have an Epiphone Pacemaker on the bench with a blown PT. It is stamped TF-105-P. Does anyone know of a drop-in replacement?

Here's a link to the schematic:

http://silbatoneacoustics.com/images...makerTDPRI.jpg

RE: TF-!05 P Transformer

I know this is an old post but I have the same question. Did you find a replacement other than the 125.00 Mercury Magnetics?
    Originally posted by imbuedblue View Post
    I have an Epiphone Pacemaker on the bench with a blown PT. It is stamped TF-105-P. Does anyone know of a drop-in replacement?

Here's a link to the schematic:

http://silbatoneacoustics.com/images...makerTDPRI.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Micajah View Post
      I know this is an old post but I have the same question. Did you find a replacement other than the 125.00 Mercury Magnetics?
      I don't know if this will drop in place, but look at the EDCOR XPWR013. 510vac ct @125mA and 6vac ct @4 amps.

I've used the Edcor transformers to replace Gibsons before, but I have had to replace the end caps so that the transformer would mount in the correct lay down position.

Comment

Beat me to it, Bill.
        https://www.edcorusa.com/xpwr013

Comment

EA-50T Transformer links

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
          I don't know if this will drop in place, but look at the EDCOR XPWR013. 510vac @125mA and 6vac @4 amps.

I've used the Edcor transformers to replace Gibsons before, but I have had to replace the end caps so that the transformer would mount in the correct lay down position.
          Thanks - I'll check it out.
          After searching for the Schematic - I found a link to the Gibson GA- 5T which is the Gibson version of this model or should I say the Epiphone is a version of the Gibson Model.
          Identical circuits. Here's the link at Gibson Garage.
          Gibson Garage - Amps
          By the way what speakers are you guys running with the EA-50T
          Thanks
          Micajah?

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
            I don't know if this will drop in place, but look at the EDCOR XPWR013. 510vac ct @125mA and 6vac ct @4 amps.

Sorry forgot to ask - did you use the bells from the factory transformer? Or?

Comment

Originally posted by Micajah View Post
              Sorry forgot to ask - did you use the bells from the factory transformer? Or?
              The one that I can remember, I used the original transformer outer end bell, so from the outside it looked original.

Comment

I know this is late but i have one of these with a "missing" pt, so i called phil
                at heyboer trans in mich and he wound one for me. They are no longer in stock
                and i have gotten quite a few other transformers from him and he was nice
                enough to wind one for me on his own time, but what a nice gesture. Took
                about six mo but hey, nice real exact unit. Hope he doesn't mind me saying this.
                Dave.....good luck anyone!

Comment

Working...
                X