Orange Tiny Terror 7/15 watt..... power but no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Tiny Terror 7/15 watt..... power but no sound

Received a tiny terror 7/15W head for repair...power but no sound. HT fuse was blown and output tubes would show an intermittent short on the tube tester when tapped so I replaced the output tubes and fuse. Checked for any signs of components that could also be open but couldn't find anything....Powered it up and same problem...Took the board out to see if there were any signs of bad connections, etc....everything looks good. Searched google for a schematic but nothing came up...I'll check out the schematics section of the forum but just checking here to see if anybody out there had run across one of these amps with this particular problem...
    Cheers,
    Bernie

Originally posted by bsco View Post
    Powered it up and same problem...
    What is 'the same problem'?
    No sound or no sound & it blows fuses?

Comment

Sorry Jazz P....After I replaced the bad output tubes and the blown fuse, It powered up with no sound....Once again did some checks and couldn't find anything gone. Tested the o/p tranny to see if it was open but it checked ok...decided to take out the board and have a closer look. Could not find any cold solder joints, cracked traces, or any type of defect which would cause this...so I left the board out, put the tubes back in, connected up the disconnected wiring, made sure that I was well insulated and powered it up again to do some voltage checks...the damm amp started to work.So then I tried to get it to stop working by prodding components and connectors with an insulated plastic stick....checked the power and stand-by/run switches....all ok. So I re-assembled it and it is still working..that was a couple of days ago. I am going to give it a quick check again before I return it...
      Cheers,
      Bernie

Comment

Working...
      X