Behringer EP2500 bridge mode not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer EP2500 bridge mode not working

Ok, so I repaired this amp. CH2 was fried. Replaced o/p transistors and two Fets. Both channels now work great into a load. When I switch the dip switched to bridge mode, (yes I know how to bridge these amps with these switches), I get a very feint signal and the CH1 clip LED lights with only a very small volume setting. Waveform on scope looks pretty distorted.
    Any ideas? I can post a schematic.

Have you replaced IC 6?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 07-24-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Is your load floating or are you connecting your scope ground to it?
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hi. Jazz. Ill give that a try. Any specific reason you think it might be IC6? Channel two works fine. I'm using a differential probe- no ground on output.

Comment

While bridged, check each channel individually. Are both making output. If so, then it would seem the problem was a lack of phase inversion. Or perhaps you are using the wrong output jack? It looks like only one of them outputs bridge on pins 1.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Fixed. I replaced IC6 Doesnt make sense........Oh Well.

Comment

Hi all I have a similar problem with my ep2500 amp
              The amp has a problem on ch1 , when the amp gain is turned right down , I still get a signal to the speaker , but it is distorted , , and sig led is showing put dim ,
              Sometimes the problem goes,

Running in stereo mode, ch2 is ok

Comment

Hi
                What is your electronics knowledge, and what tools do you have?

Comment

Working...
                X