need help in setting up a monitor on a mackie cr-1604

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help in setting up a monitor on a mackie cr-1604

Having trouble getting my monitors to work at church. Someone was playing around and pulled some of the wires out. I don't know a whole lot about doing this.
    I got my Speaker to work to what I call the house speakers ,but have trouble getting monitors to work. I unplugged the house speaker and I plugged the monitors to where the speakers were and they still didn't work. Hard for me to believe that both monitor are bad. Can some help me to set up the wires to the right place. on a Mackie CR-1604. If you have any drawing I would appreicate it. Thanks!!! Hope I put this in the right place

The mixer outputs need to be amplifiied.

How many power amps do you have in the setup?

This mixer is well thought out , as far as features go.
    But you need a good understanding of it.
    Here is a link to the manual: http://www.mackie.com/pdf/archive/cr1604_om.pdf

Comment

Only one power amp

Comment

Originally posted by jeff9353 View Post
        Only one power amp
        Jeff, welcome to the place.

I understand that you are not knowledgeable in setting these systems up, but in order for us to help you, it would be a good thing if you filled us in on the missing information about your system.

You have a Mackie CR-1604 mixer that will need to plug into a power amp or into powered speakers for the main speakers and for the monitor speakers.

What are the main speakers? What are the monitor speakers? What is the power amp?

Without at least this information, we can only guess at what you need to do and you could get swamped with answers that will only confuse you and mis-inform you.

Comment

Thanks 52Bill, I had forgot to consider powered speakers so I just deleted my misleading posts.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

52 bill, thanks for your replies. I don't remember the power amp brand. But I know the CR1604 is hook up to the Pow amp and the house speaker on the wall his also and they work ok. The monitor are Peavey speakers. And they are also hook up to the amp. I unhook the house speaker and hooked up the monitor at the mixing board itself and nothing. I am at work and won't be home till another 4 days for the brand. I'll write everything down the next time thanks!

Comment

Sorry it took so long I been working. Here what I have.
              Attached Files

Comment

Your drawing helps some, but still need to know what model speakers the monitors are. Really need to know if they are powered or passive.

Comment

Bill, thanks for the reply. The monitors and house speaker are just Peavy speaker, they are not power by anything other than the power amp.
                  I do have an old Peavy brain. with 8 inputs.Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff9353 View Post
                    The monitors and house speaker are just Peavy speaker, they are not power by anything other than the power amp.
                    Then the only way that it could have been hooked up that would make any sense would be that the two main "House" speakers are connected to one power amp channel and the two "Monitor" speakers are connected to the other power amp channel.

So pick one power amp channel for the "House" and one for the "Monitors". It doesn't matter which one so let's say Channel A for the house and Channel B for the monitors. The power amp must be set up in stereo mode at the input.

Take the shielded cable from the "Main" output on the CR-1604 and plug it into the A input on the PV-4C. Connect the two house speakers to the A channel output of the PV-4C.

Take the shielded cable from the "Monitor" output on the CR-1604 and plug it into the B input on the PV-4C. Connect the two monitor speakers to the B channel output of the PV-4C.

Comment

Thanks Bill, I give this a try. I getting ready to go back to work and won't get to do this till next week. I let you know if this worked. Thank Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X