Wanted DOD effects pedal schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted DOD effects pedal schematics

Anyone have a good free site for downloading DOD pedal effects schematics? I'm looking for the following: FX 66 Flashback Fuzz, FX20B Stereo Phasor, FX69 Grunge(I believe this is the 1st version - not 69B). Thanks to all for any help.
    Last edited by bobsamps; 06-19-2014, 01:25 PM. Reason: spelled pedal wrong in title

I found some here. http://www.freeinfosociety.com/site.php?postnum=2405

Comment

The fx66 is here:

http://www.schematicsunlimited.com/d/dod

Comment

No schematics, but lots of layouts here. Guitar FX Layouts: DOD
        It's not microphonic - it's undocumented reverb.

Comment

Thanks but I am unable to download as I am at a public library. Wouldn't want extra download cookies and whatever anyways but thanks the link is here.

Comment

You could just browse the images from a google image search for "Dod schematics" in the library. Good luck.

Comment

Links to DOD schematics

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&what=dod&kategoria=audio

http://www.americaspedal.net/fxlit/cat/

http://www.americaspedal.net/fx20b/
              FX20B Stereo Phasor
              It's All Over Now

Comment

If you still do not have a certain schematics, let me know.

Comment

Thanks you all have been very helpful. One bummer I have found with a pedal, the Flashback fuzz, is that the pushbutton mechanics were broken. The plastic architecture was defective. So I am contemplating placing the unit into a new box and wiring a true bypass to the circuit. Then again I am also working on a distortion of my design which I hope will suffice my search for better design.

Comment

*ping Doctor*

Originally posted by doctor View Post
                    If you still do not have a certain schematics, let me know.
                    Hey Doc, if I can take you up on this!

I've got a FX-65 (v1) pedal from '85 that I haven't been able to find the proper schem for, for the life of me. (If you have a full svc.manual even better!)

This one has the additional green LED on the pcb (in addition to the red one that's used as an on/off indicator visibly mounted to the chassis) only TWO transistors, two internal trimpots, 2 4148-type (signal) diodes, and what looks like a 4001-type in battery protection.

(For reference)
                    v1 2-trans., LED on R, 2 sig.diode, 2 trimpots center (ca.85)
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	v1-1985-fx65_greenLED,2-4148.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	834048
                    v2 6-trans., LED on L, 1 sig.diode, 2 trimpots moved (ca.87)

Name:	v2-1987-fx65_greenLED,1-4148.JPG
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	834047
                    v3 6-trans., NO LED, 1 trimpot (bias) (ca.88)

Name:	v3-1988-fx65_NOgreenLED,1-4148,1trimpot.jpg
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	834046
                    v4 (like v3) screenprinted, green caps, rev.k pcb (ca.88)

Name:	v4-1988-fx65_NOgreenLED,1-4148,1trimpot(rev-K).jpg
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	834049
                    v5 (real oddball) screenprinted, yellow caps, only 2 (new) alpha pots (non-ECI) found housed in FX-60 chassis rev.m pcb (ca.91)

Name:	v5-1988-fx65_2-pots,1-4148,1trimpot(rev-M).jpg
Size:	445.3 KB
ID:	834050
                    (appears to be factory 1-ohm jumper in place of 3rd pot). Factory repair/replacement perhaps?

Thanks in advance for checking!
                    -Rob

Credit to americaspedal.net for pics of rev1 and rev3 photos!
                    Last edited by Audiotexan; 08-08-2014, 03:43 PM. Reason: added pics
                    Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Originally posted by Audiotexan View Post
                      Hey Doc, if I can take you up on this!

I've got a FX-65 (v1) pedal from '85 that I haven't been able to find the proper schem for, for the life of me. (If you have a full svc.manual even better!)

This one has the additional green LED on the pcb (in addition to the red one that's used as an on/off indicator visibly mounted to the chassis) only TWO transistors, two internal trimpots, 2 4148-type (signal) diodes, and what looks like a 4001-type in battery protection.

(For reference)
                      v1 2-trans., LED on R, 2 sig.diode, 2 trimpots center (ca.85)
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]29956[/ATTACH]
                      v2 6-trans., LED on L, 1 sig.diode, 2 trimpots moved (ca.87)
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]29955[/ATTACH]
                      v3 6-trans., NO LED, 1 trimpot (bias) (ca.88)
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]29954[/ATTACH]
                      v4 (like v3) screenprinted, green caps, rev.k pcb (ca.88)
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]29957[/ATTACH]
                      v5 (real oddball) screenprinted, yellow caps, only 2 (new) alpha pots (non-ECI) found housed in FX-60 chassis rev.m pcb (ca.91)
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]29958[/ATTACH]
                      (appears to be factory 1-ohm jumper in place of 3rd pot). Factory repair/replacement perhaps?

Thanks in advance for checking!
                      -Rob

Credit to americaspedal.net for pics of rev1 and rev3 photos!
                      DOD did not provide service manual in the usual sense, there are schematics only.
                      For several multi-effects processors only adjustment procedure is supplied in addition to schematics.

For the FX-65 Stereo Chorus I have only one schematic.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by doctor View Post
                        DOD did not provide service manual in the usual sense, there are schematics only.
                        For several multi-effects processors only adjustment procedure is supplied in addition to schematics.

For the FX-65 Stereo Chorus I have only one schematic.
                        Good to know, and MUCH appreciated!
                        Thanks again sir!

Edit: Looks like this one should be good to go for v3/v4! (6-transistors, 1-4148 diode, single 5k bias trimpot) It's probably fine for v5 as well, but I'm going to err on the side of caution as of just yet.
                        Again, I appreciate you taking the time and effort Doc!
                        Just noting it so whomever sees this thread in the future would know!
                        Last edited by Audiotexan; 08-08-2014, 10:32 PM.
                        Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Working...
                        X