How many do you see?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfspiialiiha.html

Poopoo coil wind......

Comment

Originally posted by NightWinder View Post
      Poopoo coil wind......
      It sure is. It's a funny color for PE too

Comment

I want to lurn me how to wind strong and vintage. Also how is he going to cure a bright strat with a 5.5 neck pickup wound like a barrel?
        www.chevalierpickups.com

Comment

Hey, what do ya want for $23 each?
          -Stan
          ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
          Stan Hinesley Pickups
          FaceBook

Comment

People used to rave about these GFS pickups. I haven't heard much about them lately. Perhaps people aren't raving quite so much these days. It would help to explain why these jokers have slashed the price of them.
            sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

I get alot of guys come to me Spence that do buy them and I realy know nuffin. but they say it's down to price, so slashing it they will prob sell shitloads of them.

Comment

Some of the guys (and gals) over at MIMF seem to like them.

I've been meaning to try a couple since they are so cheap. I can't imagine they are that good.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Alnico 2? Late 50's strats? I think..NOT

Comment

^that was the 1st thing that jumped out at me too, then it was the fact that he said that he was using plane enamel formvar, the the picture wasn't formvar or PE, it was just poly. He talks about tapered poles but the poles in his pic aren't tapered, he says that they are meant to like the pickups formvar pickups in his 1967 strat. Didn't fender use PE in 67? You could think it was a typo, but he then went on and on about how he almost didn't get the guitar because it was made after CBS! Later he says the guitar had 1962. He also tells us that the pickups are realy hot. Since when is a 5.3 pickup hot?

That is my problem with GFS that they lie to their customers about what they are getting. In their product descriptions they list every Hot phrase in pickups makeing and then half of the things they say are giving you they don't. If I buy a formvar pickup, it sure as hell better have formvar wire. If I buy a PE pickup, it should have PE and if I'm ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by corduroyew View Post
                      ^that was the 1st thing that jumped out at me too, then it was the fact that he said that he was using plane enamel formvar, the the picture wasn't formvar or PE, it was just poly. He talks about tapered poles but the poles in his pic aren't tapered, he says that they are meant to like the pickups formvar pickups in his 1967 strat. Didn't fender use PE in 67? You could think it was a typo, but he then went on and on about how he almost didn't get the guitar because it was made after CBS! Later he says the guitar had 1962. He also tells us that the pickups are realy hot. Since when is a 5.3 pickup hot?

That is my problem with GFS that they lie to their customers about what they are getting. In their product descriptions they list every Hot phrase in pickups makeing and then half of the things they say are giving you they don't. If I buy a formvar pickup, it sure as hell better have formvar wire. If I buy a PE pickup, it should have PE and if I'm ordering.

The problem here is, 95% of the people buying them dont know jack shit about pickups, much less the vintage stuff and definitely not a damn thing about different winds. They know what tone they hear from different era's and such but not shit about how they got that tone. So people like GFS can pump out that shit and most people will believe it. And what kills me is, these people pay a tiny price for a set of pickups and think they have great tone for the price, BULLSHIT!!! It's like buying a Kia and saying hey for the money it's almost as good as a Porsch.

Thats ok, Maybe 1 day players will get educated on pickups and see they wasted a ton of money buying shit like GFS.

I will rewind any GFS pickup for free just to show some people they really are SHIT!!

Comment

I noticed the flare in the coil. Fat on bottom, and flared shinnyer on top. I personally like my coils strait- No flares. There is some sonic frequencys that can be achieved, but I'd like to think that a nice strait even coil is going to be best.....Whatever means, he is sure making the $$$$?????
                        Best thing to do,,,Keep kicking Gfs's dick in the dirt with your own stuff.......Just a matter of time...

Comment

come on....

whats up with criticizing the coil shape? Shit, ALOT of vintage Fender strats were wound like that, some even "worse" looking. there's no such thing as a crappy coil shape, they all work and some claim the weirder ones sound better even. How does it sound thats all that matters.

You could all take a lesson from Mr. GFS, his genius is in MARKETING his product, and targeting his consumers. He sells alot of pickups, they aren't meant to be high quality great pickups, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are better than most of the shit thats in stock guitars from all the big makers. His ads are everywhere, he knows how to work it. He's got Ebay locked up for the budge pickup market. If you want to be successful in business he is doing alot of things right.
                          http://www.SDpickups.com
                          Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

[QUOTE=madialex;30472] It's like buying a Kia and saying hey for the money it's almost as good as a Porsch.

Hold fire a bit here. I drive a Kia and it's much better than a Porsch or me old BM. Couldn't get 2 cubic metres of maple in either of them but can in the Kia.
                            No seriously it's not as good but it is horses for courses as we all know. GF has seen the niche in the market for cheap pups and making a lot more money then the rest of us. Down to educating a lot of players and something that will never be achieved.

Comment

Well, I did a quick check. GFS has sold 55 pickups in the last 6 days. At a conservative average of $25 per pickup, that's $1375. Works out to about $6500 a month. Say what you will, but he's raking in the cash.
                              www.chevalierpickups.com

Comment

Working...
                              X