Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Deuce schematic?

Hi!

My friend has a Peavey Deuce (SS-pre&p.i. and 4x6L6 power amp) that's not in function.
    Does anyone have a schematic for it?
    I tried to find it on line, but I didn't found it. I tried also the search function, but found only 120W model PSU&power amp schem.
    PSU is a llittle bit different in the 100W model and someone has been already "fixing" it before me by disconnecting all the wires of the PT-primary wiring and some other wires and components too... I'm living in Finland and it's 230V here so it's an export model. If anyone happens to have a schem for it that would be a geat help. I could get that old bastard to work and sing clean and loud.
    Thank you very much.

Enzo may have a copy but Peavey Customer Service will email you one if you contact them thru customer service. I think they put an International tranny in it but that's the only difference from the domestic. Being that the wires to the power tranny are all undone tells me that the power transformer was checked and most likely tested and was bad and left alone. At least that's what's wrong when I usually get them like that. Since it's disconnected would be a good time to test it yourself. RG has some excellent stuff here http://www.geofex.com/ampdbug/ampdebug.htm for testing these but let us know whats going on as you dig. Which speakers does it have, Scorpions or Black Widows ?
    KB

Comment

http://blueguitar.org/new/schem/peavey/ have 3 schematics,
      pv_deuce-a_series.pdf Transistor input one
      pv_deuce-b.pdf 4 x 6L6's
      pv_deuce.zip

Comment

The Deuce came in plain old Deuce, then Deuce VT, then Deuce VTX. MAke sure to request the correct one.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

It says only DEUCE in the front panel (and the ace of spades logo), so it's probably the plain Deuce.
          Speakers were square magnet type. Probably the older type before scorpions and black widows.

I don't think that the power tranny is blown.
          Of course I've got to measure it before I connect it to mains.
          My friend told me that there were no problem with the amp before his buddy tried to "service" and "experiment" that amp by cutting power tanny and other random wires.
          He told that his buddy didn't know anythig about amps but was just eager to find out what happens if you do a little "servicing".
          That "repairsman" had also "oiled" the pots with CRC (WD40 type stuff)...

I have some serious cleaning to do also. Half of the chassis and pcb were sticky with that CRC anti rust oil.

With the schems I'll be now able to fix it.
          Thank you.

-T

Comment

Originally posted by Dingleberry View Post
            Thanks for the replies.

It says only DEUCE in the front panel (and the ace of spades logo), so it's probably the plain Deuce.
            Speakers were square magnet type. Probably the older type before scorpions and black widows.

I don't think that the power tranny is blown.
            Of course I've got to measure it before I connect it to mains.
            My friend told me that there were no problem with the amp before his buddy tried to "service" and "experiment" that amp by cutting power tanny and other random wires.
            He told that his buddy didn't know anythig about amps but was just eager to find out what happens if you do a little "servicing".
            That "repairsman" had also "oiled" the pots with CRC (WD40 type stuff)...

I have some serious cleaning to do also. Half of the chassis and pcb were sticky with that CRC anti rust oil.

With the schems I'll be now able to fix it.
            Thank you.

-T
            I feel your pain and have been there done that and it's just a lot of extra work you really didn't need. A whole set of pots would cost you about $30 from peavey and just a consideration. Good luck
            KB

Comment

Working...
            X