X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll give it a shot.

I don't understand this though:
    Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
    if you do this, you may need to switch back to the stock presence control pot value.
    I never had a presence control in the amp before and I'm using the same 5K pot in the schematic.

My Traynor is four ohms (same as the Garnet). I thought I might try duplicating exactly what's in it to see what happens. Another option to try.

Back in a couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Howdy View Post
      ...I don't understand this though: I never had a presence control in the amp before and I'm using the same 5K pot in the schematic...
      I was thinking that you had changed the pot value. I re-read your post and am still confused about what resistor value(s) you changed.

Comment

It's always the dumbest things....

I once tried to kill the signal to my Kalamazoo's power amp using a switching jack for a preamp out. It didn't work, there was still some signal getting through. I guess that explains why I was getting the negative feedback to work, but had to use such ridiculously high value resistors; the signal must have been leaking through the jack body somehow.

Maybe you've guessed by now: Yep, I had my feedback circuit soldered to the wrong terminal. DOH!!!

Once I took the time to look carefully, I found the problem and now normal values work. (100K)

I also then went and tried out the resonance circuit. The 5150 schem is correct. And it worked fine. An interesting circuit. It, of course, adds lots of bottom and gain. If I had an extra hole, I'd include it, but since I don't, I won't. I need the presence more.

Thanks, guys, for putting up with me while I stumbled into the fix.

Comment

You seemed determined so would get there eventually; it had to be something simple along those lines.
          My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Working...
          X