Adding circuits to an amplifier head build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shrimpfarmer89
    ...So let’s say something like this transformer...
    In electronics there is no "let's say something like", there is "I have" and specify description technical data from what you have, and specify what you want to do with ... ...

I think I will sleep better at night knowing that I haven't contributed to your premature passing. I'm out. Good luck
    I don't understand what the poet specifically meant.

... I don’t fry myself, I have none of the parts or anything or an amp to modify ...
    You have no parts, you have nothing to modify, so please explain MEF what is the purpose of this your thread.

Click image for larger version  Name:	idea.png Views:	0 Size:	134 Bytes ID:	918839
    https://tedweber.com/amps/kits/

https://www.mojotone.com/kits

1)
    https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/soldano-slo-100-clone-chassis-complete-pcbs-more-350-00.199981/

http://www.davideanastasia.com/photogalleries/guitars-over/soldano-slo-100-clone/nggallery/page/1

https://www.guitargear.net.au/discussion/index.php?topic=25480.0
    SLO 100 Clone - DIY
    https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/instruments-and-amps/324947-clone-soldano-slo100.html
    You must log in or sign up
    https://www.ampbooks.com/mobile/classic-circuits/soldano-slo/
    Circuit Analysis of the Soldano Super Lead Overdrive Channel
    Last edited by vintagekiki; 11-23-2020, 06:55 AM. Reason: 1)
    It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
      I don't understand what the poet specifically meant.
      Sorry vintagekiki. I was being too poetic for my own good, and the good of Shrimpfarmer89. I meant to say that I was worried about his lack of basic knowledge of amp electronics. I didn't want to encourage him to modify a potentially lethal circuit. I would feel terrible if he copped 450v across his chest because of something I suggested.
      This thread got very confusing. I assume it was to do with the merge of 2 threads that G1 referred to.

Comment

Well now that i have a team of highly dedicated intelligent people I have one more question!

another thing I wanted to do, was build an es100 from scratch. This way I’m not messing any of the parts up in it.
        what I want to do, is remove the reverb circut unit from an es100 so that the tone stack goes straight to the presence knob.

i ALSO want to add the eq circut that runs on the aforementioned 18 volts of electricity.

however, as you can see right above the area where the reverb is there is the “e” line in from the power section of the amp. That line’s power is 24 volts, and it goes right into a transistor.

do I just remove the reverb and keep the transistor and put the circut in line where the reverb unit was and leave the transistor? Using the power that was allready in the area and modifying it to the nesscesary 18v from 24?

also the C and D that go to the amplifier in the reverb unit I will have to ground now that they are not being used correct? They are in the power section too.

thanks for all the help everyone! I’ve been trying to get answers in posts for weeks and these have been the most fruitful attempts!

Comment

Originally posted by Shrimpfarmer89 View Post
          Well now that i have a team of highly dedicated intelligent people I have one more question!
          And do you have a musical desire in addition to the questions?
          ... another thing I wanted to do ...
          A friendly suggestion
          Collect all your scratch and ideas on pile and send it to Randall and Soldano.
          New year is coming soon, and where is a new year, there is also Santa Claus who fulfills wishes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	musical desire.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	918867

It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post

And do you have a musical desire in addition to the questions?

A friendly suggestion
            Collect all your scratch and ideas on pile and send it to Randall and Soldano.
            New year is coming soon, and where is a new year, there is also Santa Claus who fulfills wishes.

Name:	musical desire.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	918867

I do, just a bit. I just get off on people answering my questions

thank you for the additions to the schematic you beautiful son of a bitch!

Comment

Can I ask another? Question?

What if I move the prescence and the tone stack to the preamp in the gain and clean stages as in the “preamp from hell” schematic?

do I just get rid of that transistor and section that is inbetween the prescence and the tone stack? Or leave that section between the tone stack and presence

I greatly appreciate the help this is pretty cool to finally get answers.

that would conclude that questions I had! LOL

Comment

Also the plug in for the eq can be put in series solderd to the line that connects into the power amp

Comment

The power section also doesn’t need to be touched at all it can handle the additions to it I would guess?

THANK YOU

Comment

Can I ask another? Question?
                    What if ...
                    do I just get rid ...
                    wow you appetites started to grow.
                    that would conclude that questions I had! LOL
                    That's you think.
                    It's All Over Now

Comment

are my premonitions correct? I don’t know aggghhhhh
                      teah cause knowledge is power and this is cheaper than college and better than google answer

Comment

Also the plug in for the eq can be put in series solderd to the line that connects into the power amp
                        Can soldered plug
                        It's All Over Now

Comment

The power section also doesn’t need to be touched at all it can handle the additions to it I would guess?
                          good supposed
                          It's All Over Now

Comment

are my premonitions correct? I don’t know aggghhhhh
                            teah cause knowledge is power and this is cheaper than college and better than google answer
                            scientifically fantastic conclusion

Name:	suicide.gif
Views:	344
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	918883
                            It's All Over Now

Comment

Comment

Here are the parts of the amp I want to build, if the output section can power a 100 watt amp and I run 24 v to the pre amp and 20 off to the eq and run the signal from the pre amp through the eq and into the output section as if they were all in one amp originally would that work?

Comment

Working...
                                X