Phase inverter question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xtian View Post
    This is fun. Now let's discuss vibrato vs tremolo.
    I do always make a point to use the correct terminology when it comes to vibrato vs tremolo, and smugly correct others when they use them wrong. That's probably why I don't have many musician friends.

Comment

This topic makes me wonder, Who invented push pull anyway ? What were "they" thinking ? Back in the day, many people were trying to come up with high power (for the time) and low distortion. The Williamson was quite popular, had a good combination of power and THD and it used Negative Feedback. The non-technical explanation was that the feedback was "out of phase" with the input signal. Is this where the term "phase" creeped in ?

WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
      REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
        ...Who invented push pull anyway ? ...
        The same people who invented the railroad hand car.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Ohio Handcar.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	981400

Comment

Originally posted by deedstoke
          I'm not saying phase is the better term here, just giving some background as to why the terminology may be what it is.
          I think you are a bot.

Original text from post #9 (g1):

"I'm not saying phase is the better term here, just giving some background as to why the terminology may be what it is."
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
          X