Starting new kt120 UL project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting new kt120 UL project.

Hello. Get new toys thinking to start a new project. 4xKT 120 in UL mode . 650 V / 2300k load. Power supply plan:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200816_172600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.48 MB ID:	911230
    Attached Files
    Last edited by catalin gramada; 08-16-2020, 03:57 PM.
    "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

A UF5408 does not have a high enough reverse blocking voltage for this. Worst case 470VRMS = 658V peak and the diode will have to block twice that = 1316V. You need to you two in series in each leg of the bridge and use say 1M parallel resistors to equalise the reverse voltage across them. That's total of 8 diodes and 8 resistors.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
      A UF5408 does not have a high enough reverse blocking voltage for this. Worst case 470VRMS = 658V peak and the diode will have to block twice that = 1316V. You need to you two in series in each leg of the bridge and use say 1M parallel resistors to equalise the reverse voltage across them. That's total of 8 diodes and 8 resistors.
      Thanks Nick
      "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

Originally posted by catalin gramada View Post
        Hello. Get new toys thinking to start a new project. 4xKT 120 in UL mode . 650 V / 2300k load. Power supply plan:
        Looking forward to see how this develops. I have been intrigued with KT120 since they came out but never bought any to try. Amp should have plenty of kick I expect.

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Hello.
          May I use 1900k OT for a kt88 quartet in UL mode, supplied at 600V, please? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by catalin gramada View Post
            May I use 1900k OT for a kt88 quartet in UL mode, supplied at 600V?
            KT88 datasheet recommends Zaa = 7k for a pair at Va = Vs = 560V with UL (40% taps).
            That results in Zaa = 3.5k for a quartet.
            Generally it is advisable to increase Zaa with higher Va.

I think you could use your OT if you double speaker impedance.
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Dunno how accurate this online loadline tool is https://www.vtadiy.com/loadline-calc...or/#calculator
              My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Working...
              X