5F6A choke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5F6A choke?

I'm building a 5F6A and I don't have a choke. What caps/resistor combination can I use as a subsitute for the choke? Thanks in advance.

Chuck.

Splash out for the choke - it won't sound the same. 2CW Those chokes ain't very expensive
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Originally posted by tubeswell View Post
      Splash out for the choke - it won't sound the same. 2CW Those chokes ain't very expensive
      +1. The Weber WO22699 choke is only 12 bucks.
      "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
      - Yogi Berra

Comment

Hey guys, I didn't know what I was thinking,I'll just buy a choke from Weber.I'm just anxious about getting it fired up that's all.I recently finished a 5E3 build (thanks to all your help here on this forum) and I love it. Can't wait to hear the 5F6A though.

Chuck.

Comment

In the early 70's Peavey made sort of a 5F6 knockoff with reverb. It had four 6L6s and used a pair of triple triode 6C10s in the preamp. The reverb was solid state. I remember for a choke they used a 500 ohm 10W resistor, but I'm not sure about the filter capacitance. There was a 2x12 and 4x10 configuration available. They had this tan tolex with brown spots that looked like tweed.
          WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
          REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
            Peavey made sort of a 5F6 knockoff with reverb. They had this tan tolex with brown spots that looked like tweed.
            And their C50 4 x 10 is still kinda like that
            Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Working...
            X