Heater voltage too low on Fender Showman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater voltage too low on Fender Showman

Hello all- started working on a Fender Showman but didn't get a whole lot of time with it today. The amp is making no sound- the B+ and plate voltages all appear to be fine, but I was only getting 2.8vAC on the heaters. Also the power indicator lamp isn't working- didn't have time to try a new one but I'm assuming maybe the voltage is too low for this as well.

Any thoughts on this? Is the PT bad?

I appreciate any help- thanks.

Did you measure the winding from end to end or from one end to ground? I would think the pilot would light dimly at too low a voltage so the lamp is probably bad. Just for kicks try removing the lamp and retest. If it's still too low unsolder the winding and re measure just to be sure.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I measured from one end to ground. I'll give your suggestion a try tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

It should be measured from end to end. As should any AC voltages. DC is measured to ground.

Even at that 2.8 volts seems low. But at such a low voltage it could be meter error.

Chuck
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Ok thanks. My mistake- hopefully I'll get it going tomorrow. Might be getting back to you.

Comment

Working...
          X