question about caps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about caps.

This is my first thread with this forum. I am sorry if I am being redundant if this topic is covered somewhere, but I haven't found the information I am looking for in this section or the forum. I was wondering what the rule was on the voltage value of caps that are unlabled on a schematic. I am looking into doing a cap job on my '57 Ampeg M12. The uf values are all labled in the schematics but the voltages aren't always and the ones that are labled I have been trouble finding exact matches. Any insight would be great. Thanks for the help, Benjamin

The 2 schems I see have 20uf 450v marked on the filters.Sprague has 20uf 500v caps.I wouldnt use anything but Sprague,stay away from the cheap Jap stuff.You dont have to match exactly on the uf value,but the voltage should be 450v or higher.

Comment

Thanks for that, I have found some sources and will order them once I get a parts list for my next project together. Thanks again

Comment

And if the amp is in front of you, look on the original parts.

DOn't worry about exact values, if they used 16uf/475v filter caps, you can spend a lot of dough on 16uf caps, or just go with the common 22uf/500v for a LOT less.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X