Bugera 333XL stuck in standby???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera 333XL stuck in standby???

Hey Guys - I'm a member at the Ultimate Guitar Forum as well, but a new problem has seemed to surface and I'd thought I'd try try posting here for a fix.

Here's what we got: An original, stock, '07 333XL with the transformer leads soldered directly. It's been running great, until I pushed this sucker REALLY hard last night.

The amp suddenly lost the standby light and went dead quiet. The four fuses inside the head and the main external fuse are fine. The tubes stay lit, but it might just be the heaters I am seeing...It's as if the amp is "stuck" in standby mode...everything lights up (but the standby switch).

Could it just be the freakin' standby switch itself has failed??? Did I just answer my own question???

***Update***

It looks like pin 1, the first yellow wire connection, where the OT leads were soldered direct is burned. Does anyone here know what each of the 5 OT wires are for?

I'm thinking this is prolly the issue...

1.Yellow - ?
    2.Yellow - ?
    3.Orange - ?
    4.Purple - ?
    5.Orange - ?

Comment

This may be of interest to you.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t11231/

Comment

Thanks Dawg, but there was nothing really there of use.

Comment

Your AC voltmeter should tell you what each wire does. But I have to think the two yellow wires would be the 6VAC for the heaters. On any brand amp, it is the high current heater connections that tend to burn up. And whatever the wire does, repairing the burnt connection is probably what it needs.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for chiming in Enzos -

As it turns out, the OT leads/posts where fine. What I found was a dislocated solder joint on the preamp PCB. The white table-top looking resistor where the factory had wires stretched over the top and it broke loose after heating up. It took more time removing all the glue and clips from the PCB, than it did resoldering it up. After reassembling, it fired right up!!

Comment

Working...
            X