Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Amp Repail help??

I mean "Repair" help haha..

Some time ago, I was just playing a couple songs, when all of a sudden, my amp stopped working. I got curious, so I started taking it apart. it didn't occur to me that maybe a wire had popped out or something..so i basically took my amp apart even though nothing was wrong with it

But now something IS wrong with it :/
    I use a RG60, a solid state 60W Combo amp
    When I was taking the actual amplifier out of the amp, I didn't see the two wires connecting the amplifier to the head. when i took the amplifier out, the two wires sort of disconnected from the amplifier, and now I have no idea how I can keep the two wires on the amplifier when i'm playing. The amp won't work unless both wires are touching the metal part on the back of the amplifier, so as a temporary solution, I used electrical tape and taped the two wires on to the amplifier, but I'm wondering if there is a permanent solution that I can use?

Should I just get some really strong adhesive ( that's conductive) and just glue them back on? or is there a procedure that I don't know about?
    Last edited by John0209; 01-07-2011, 12:55 AM.

Um.....

I think a couple photos. I can think of many thiings, but nothing that fits touching wires to the metal to get sound.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

These are pictures of what I'm talking about. I took out the electrical tape so I could show the wires.
      Attached Files

Comment

Alright.
        What you have there are the speaker wires from the amp.
        The metal ends are called terminals (blade/female).
        The terminals slip over the tabs on the speaker terminals (male)
        I see four terminals on the speaker.
        There are two on the left & two on the right.
        Put one female terminal from the amp on the left & one on the right.
        The left & the right are connected to the voice coil of the speaker.
        If you look closely at the terminal board, there may be a plus & a minus indicated.
        I would assume the white goes to plus & the black goes to minus.

Comment

Also, you can squeeze the little metal terminal ends a bit and make them hold more tightly. Not too much, though, otherwise they will be hard to put on. Also, once you get it back together, don't take it apart. If you're not experienced working on eletronics, you can easily damage something and not know it and end up costing yourself a new aplifier.

Comment

and could really get hurt if you get hold of the wrong part ...

Comment

Working...
            X