SVT1000 No power....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVT1000 No power....

This amp had a broken 15 amp breaker. After it was replaced there is now no power. I checked C25 and 26 for shorts and they seem ok. I measure AC coming in to all the tab points on the primary of the PT and that checks out fine. So I disconnected the secondary J30 and J 31 and applied AC and on J31 between each of the winds I get nothing, mVs, but when measuring to ground I get 65vac.
    I would think I should have some voltages between the windings.
    ,,, is this obvious or not that the PT is a goner?

I think I can answer my question. The transformer is good. It's making 65vac which is what the amp calls for. Now problem is finding out why there is no DC. The bridge rectifier checks out ok with a diode tester in circuit but no DC coming out of it. I need to check everything from J31 to the bridge.

Comment

Without a schematic it's hard to tell. But I had a similar issue just two days ago. A guy brought me an amp with possibly shorted transformer. And I found out the someone was trying to fix the amp(?) and he connected the bridge rectifier incorrectly. I just swaped two wires and the amp started working. In your case, why not connect the transformer to an external bridge and caps? Maybe the power amp is shorted. I would also look at the tracks on the power supply (whether they still exist ).

Mark

Comment

Thanks for the reply, the problem is solved, it turned out to be a solder joint at the IEC socket.

Comment

Working...
        X