No announcement yet.

Mackie 1202

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's from an alternate amplifier universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Wow, I never saw a 9 pin SIP opamp.
      These are not popular anymore.
      At any rate, pin 1 & pin 9 are both V+.
      So I would imagine if push came to shove, you could 'start' at pin 2, continuing through pin 9.
      That would be the same as a 'standard' SIP.
      Well, I'm shocked you haven't seen one, didn't think it has been that long since they were popular
      But you are correct, you just clip off pin 1 to use in a board with 8pin socket.
      To replace a 9 pin with 8pin, offset the chip in the board and make sure V+ trace goes to pin9 (which is now pin8 on the 8pin IC)
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
        Well, I'm shocked you haven't seen one, didn't think it has been that long since they were popular
        But you are correct, you just clip off pin 1 to use in a board with 8pin socket.
        To replace a 9 pin with 8pin, offset the chip in the board and make sure V+ trace goes to pin9 (which is now pin8 on the 8pin IC)
        Don't be too shocked, I run away from Surface mount boards. I am the old school, thru hole guy...
        But that is bloody clever, you get the McGyver award.

Comment

I think the 9 pin version was developed to enable the IC to be installed in either direction and still work. Weird, I know, but thatr's the only reason I can come up with right now!
          But yes, just clip off pin 1 and call pin 2 the new pin 1. I've done this plenty of times when trying to replace those 9 pin freaks. SIPs in general, are getting difficult to find anymore.

Comment

8-pin will work in place of 9 pin, you just have to watch in case the internal 1-9 connetion is being used on the board. You may have to tack a short wire from pin 1 to pin 9 pn the pc board if so.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Good point, Enzo.

Comment

Originally posted by bkahuna View Post
                I think the 9 pin version was developed to enable the IC to be installed in either direction and still work. Weird, I know, but thatr's the only reason I can come up with right now!
                But yes, just clip off pin 1 and call pin 2 the new pin 1. I've done this plenty of times when trying to replace those 9 pin freaks. SIPs in general, are getting difficult to find anymore.
                What I meant to say is, I've done this plenty of times when I have the 9 pin version, but need the 8 pin version. Fingers were working faster than my brain!

Comment

Understood, I do the same.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                  X