Duf Two Stroke amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duf Two Stroke amp

I have just built a Two Stroke amp with 8" an 10" speakers. Switch on, valves light up. No sound, no hum. I have found another thread here with a similar problem, am reading through it now. Any ideas/help much appreciated.

Without more information, such as a schematic and basic voltage measurements, there is not much to add.

Other than triple check your work.

Comment

Hunter Two Stoke

Here is a layout diagram that I found.

Here is a link where the OP lists a few voltages that may help.
      Link: NOS GE 6V6GT Plate Voltage in my SE homebrew is 425v... too high? - The Gear Page
      Attached Files

Comment

Jazz P
        That is the same wiring as my amp. I read through the other thread you posted. This one sound more of a problem with high voltage, his amp works.
        Tubes
        V1 - ECC83S
        V2 - 6V6 S
        V3 - No socket at V3
        V4 - 5Y3 S

Spares - I also have 6L6GC and EL34 spare.

Comment

No hum suggests your 6V6 isn't conducting, or the output is open circuit. After checking the solder joints it could be;

Miswired
          No plate voltage
          No screen voltage
          Missing cathode connection
          Incorrect cathode resistor value.

Is there any HT output from the rectifier? Tubes lighting up just means your 6.3v is present. You need to check the voltage with a multimeter, then check each pin of the output tube base measured to ground and post back the results. Take care not to short anything with your meter probe.

Comment

Where you sent a schematic?

That Layout Drawing is a friggin nightmare to follow.

You will need to take a few static (no signal applied) voltage readings.(referenced to ground)
            V1: pins 1 & 3/ 6 & 8 (Plate & Cathode)
            V2: Pins 2 & 7 (Heaters)
            Pins 3 & 4 (B+ & Screen)
            Pin 8 (Cathode)
            V4: Pin 8 B+

Comment

Does this work/come out? Click image for larger version

Name:	TwoStroke_scematic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	613.6 KB
ID:	835448

Comment

Yes that worked. The first thing I noticed is the impedance switch. Any issues there and the speaker becomes disconnected.
                Post the voltages JazzP mentioned, also the supply voltages marked on the schematic as A, B, and C.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

g-one

Right ho. Will check impedance switch first. Off to find a multimeter.

Comment

Working...
                  X