Help Marshall vs65r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AL78 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we checked DCV.And also I've checked all pin on the tube.I rember high DC voltage like 100 or so dc that's why nickb told me to buy the cap to check the ac otherwise my multimeter wouldn't read the AC
    Yes,we did check the DCV way back. They were in the right area. I was concerned that pin 3*** was 200V, higher than I'd like to see as that is right at the limit of the heater-cathode spec.

*** not pin 1 as I first wrote.
    Last edited by nickb; 03-19-2017, 07:28 PM.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickb View Post
      Yes,we did check the DCV way back. They were in the right area. I was concerned that pin 1 was 200V, higher than I'd like to see as that is right at the limit of the heater-cathode spec.
      Nick, unless I've got it wrong (again) pin 1 is the anode of the cathode follower so it will be at B+ voltage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave H View Post
        Nick, unless I've got it wrong (again) pin 1 is the anode of the cathode follower so it will be at B+ voltage.
        Of course. Thanks. I had a brain fart and then confusion ensued...

Pin 3 is the cathode (and that is what is connected to R19).

Here a drawing of what I believe we have established the pinout to be:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vsr65.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	845040

Comment

• Guys thank you a lot for your help I really hope the store email me back tomorrow so I will soon get the tube.I have two questions one is general about this testing and one is just a curiosity.
          1) since we find out that the problem should be the tube(I hope),there is any test that we can do in the tube socket just to be sure that there is no short?
          2)Second question if I had and oscilloscope all this AC testing would go easier right?

P.s.
          If I make grammar mistakes if you want you can correct me I won't get offended,actually I will be glad unfortunately I don't have lost of occasion to use my english
          Last edited by AL78; 03-19-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Guys thank you a lot for your help I really hope the store email me back tomorrow so I will soon get the tube.I have two questions one is general about this testing and one is just a curiosity.
            1) since we find out that the problem should be the tube(I hope),there is any test that we can do in the tube socket just to be sure that there is no short?
            As the DCV are OK we know the socket is good. If there were a short it would have to be an AC path i.e. through a capacitor to ground. I don't see that as a real possibility.

2)Second question if I had and oscilloscope all this AC testing would go easier right?
            An oscilloscope will give your more information. I don't think it would have made any difference in this case.

P.s.
            If I make grammar mistakes if you want you can correct me I won't get offended,actually I will be glad unfortunately I don't have lost of occasion to use my english
            I really don't think there is any need for an apology. There might have been a few misunderstandings along the way but I've seen much worse. Anyway, I can't speak a word of Italian. Once, I was on a job in Italy so some of the native speakers were trying to teach me a few words. I exhausted them as despite their persistent efforts I just could not get the pronunciation anywhere near correct,

Comment

• Next time just move frantically your hands.I always say that first you need to understand how to move your hans than your talk

Comment

Next time just move frantically your hands.I always say that first you need to understand how to move your hans than your talk
                So that's where I've been going wrong is it? The usual English way is to just talk English is a slow loud voice and expect the whole world to understand.

I've been to Italy a few times but only as far south as Pisa. If I ever get to Sicily I want to stay in Montalbano's house. I loved that series.

Comment

• Guys I've just get the new tube.Unfortunately nothing changed even the value on all pins are the same no ac(almost) on r19.now what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave H View Post
                    So that's where I've been going wrong is it? The usual English way is to just talk English is a slow loud voice and expect the whole world to understand.

I've been to Italy a few times but only as far south as Pisa. If I ever get to Sicily I want to stay in Montalbano's house. I loved that series.
                    I'll bring you there It's like 2 hours from where I live.Last month they've just show 2 new episodes on national tv.That series it's very popular here too.

Comment

Guys I've just get the new tube.Unfortunately nothing changed even the value on all pins are the same no ac(almost) on r19.now what?
                      You have to be kidding me..

In that case
                      (1) Do you still have 86VAC or so on pins 2 and 6?
                      (2) Recheck the DCV on R19 - it was about 200V

If those are OK then the new tube could be bad (it happens) or something is AC loading pin 3 but hard to imagine what unless some changes have been made in that area.

Comment

• Everything is the same i have 181v on r19.

Comment

• You've checked both sides of R19, just in case you're measuring the wrong side?

That being OK I'd unsolder and lift to disconnect one lead of R42, C41, R48 and C51. That should isolate the cathode of the tube from everything else.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by AL78 View Post
                            Next time just move frantically your hands.I always say that first you need to understand how to move your hans than your talk
                            Originally posted by Dave H View Post

Not at random, each sign has a specific meaning, but donīt worry, hereīs a 10 minute course:

FWIW and being Argentine, I know and use all of this since I was about 2 or 3 y.o.
                            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

• so one side is 183v other side is almost 0 volt.So after I unsold those what I have to do next what kind of measure?
                              Last edited by AL78; 03-20-2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• those gestures are perfect,there are some but I would say are regional

Comment

Working...
                                X