No announcement yet.

peavey 130 special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about input jack ground to chassis and input jack ground to ground side of zener diodes?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

i cked the outside of the speaker jacks it was 0.06 ohms. ill ck imput jacks tonight and bring amp in tomorow thank

Comment

Also check R96 .1R10W and it's solder connections.
        And check the mounting bolts of the thermal breaker between Q8 and Q11.
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          Also check R96 .1R10W and it's solder connections.
          And check the mounting bolts of the thermal breaker between Q8 and Q11.
          bolts are tight imput jacks 0.3 chassis conections on r96 look fine from chassis to eiyher side is 47.2 ohms the ground between cr36&cr37 shouldnt that give us 0 volts? i will be available to ck anything from now till 9 pm thanks using the amp with that 1.495 volts what will that cause thanks again

Comment

bolts are tight imput jacks 0.3 chassis conections on r96 look fine from chassis to eiyher side is 47.2 ohms the ground between cr36&cr37 shouldnt that give us 0 volts? i will be available to ck anything from now till 9 pm thanks using the amp with that 1.495 volts what will that cause thanks again

Comment

You said the sleeve of the output jacks measured short to chassis. The connector should be going to one end of R96, so I don't see how you could have 47 ohm reading unless there is a burnt trace.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	r96.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	844589

Comment

maybe i did it wrong i am going to ck again be right back

Comment

Originally posted by bcclew View Post
                  maybe i did it wrong i am going to ck again be right back
                  cking now from chassis to either side of R96 IS 47 OHMS

Comment

I have to leave building be back 930am t0morrow sorry tomorrow ill be here 930 to 400pm thanks

Comment

R54, dead center of the schematic, upper left edge of layout. There is your 47 ohms. What I can;t spot is where the chassis ground is connected to the R96 side.
                      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                        What I can;t spot is where the chassis ground is connected to the R96 side.
                        In post #51 see pic of layout. R96 connects to spkr jack connector negative. I believe the speaker jacks bolt directly to chassis with no insulation.

Comment

re 130

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                          In post #51 see pic of layout. R96 connects to spkr jack connector negative. I believe the speaker jacks bolt directly to chassis with no insulation.
                          speaker jacks have fiber washers on both sides off jack.took spkr plug off board neg pin to chassis 47 ohms.i cked jacks with plug off no leak to ground .washers seem fine

Comment

The speaker jacks should not be chassis grounded. R96 puts them 0.1 ohm above ground for current feedback. Grounding the jacks would defeat that.

Good view of insulators:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	1905_s130c_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	844593
                            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

jacks are not grounded i said before they have fiber washers i am leaving work now and amp is at work ill be back mon 130pm thanks for all the imput.

Comment

Enzo, can you look on the layout at the thermal breaker between the output transistors? One of the mounting bolts goes to a trace that runs to a jumper wire then on to the common ground. Is that bolt supposed to ground that trace to the heatsink? Could it be a rivet there instead? His grounding fault seems to be intermittent, as the common voltage there has fluctuated between 1.495V and .114V.
                                I'm not as familiar with Peavey as some here are, and I'm otherwise out of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X