hafler t2 preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hafler t2 preamp

hello,can anybody tell me what the tt2/d.o.t.is on this schemo.baught this on ebay and this trans?/part is missing any thoughts?tried a reverb trans but thats not it.
    Attached Files

It is a small transformer. I'd say the OT in DOT means output transformer.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? They might even sell you the part.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

hafler t2 preamp

yes i tried hafler/rockford.they nolonger support the hafler.iwas lucky they could get me a schemo thats all the info they have.i have run into a brick wall on this unit,really sucks

Comment

From the circuit position it is an output transformer, but the question is what the secondary should be rated at. What happened when you installed the reverb transformer? Too little output?

The Fender transformer is rated something like 11K to 8 ohms. I would think that your circuit would probably need a higher secondary impedance.

Comment

hafler t2 preamp

yes,when i hooked the reverb tranny up it had almost no output.and i don't know how i can figure out the proper secondary.anywere i should start?also the orig.part was very small pcb mount type'pain in the ars!!!

Comment

It could have been a line driver type, something like 15,000 to 600. 600 ohm lines are common. They come in pc mount small.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ancient thread I know but since I just fixed one with the same fault always good to share.

The part you need is an audio transformer like this one from Mouser: Xicon 42TM117-RC.

There are other suppliers too

Comment

Working...
              X