Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50hz vs 60hz Damage?

Hey everyone,
    I have a quick question. I am currently in japan and will be here for the next few years. I have a fender Hotrod Deville (2005) I was wanting to know if running my amp on the 50hz 100V (sometimes 110) will hurt the amps tubes or transformer? Can anyone help
    Thanks in advance
    I purchased the amp in the states

It shouldn't make much difference. A transformer designed for 60Hz will run a bit hotter on 50Hz, but since your line voltage is only 100V instead of 120V, that should more than compensate for it and stop the transformer from overheating.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Cool

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
      It shouldn't make much difference. A transformer designed for 60Hz will run a bit hotter on 50Hz, but since your line voltage is only 100V instead of 120V, that should more than compensate for it and stop the transformer from overheating.
      I noticed the amp sounds different after about 3 hours it sounds weak or les punchy. Maybe its just soo loud that I am getting deaf after the 3 hours

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
      X