No announcement yet.

Marshall as100d 120v plugged 240v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there two tweeters? If you have a bench oscillator or function generator, you should be able to drive the tweeter directly, once disconnected from the speaker system attenuator network, and see if you get any response above 2.5kHz. Is there any lamp (festoon lamp fuse) on the tweeter attenuator network? Those could blow with this mis-connection of AC Mains to the amp.
    If you get no response from the tweeters tested this way, then both of them blew. There's a chance you can find replacement diaphragms, unless they ARE piezo tweeters. Most of the cabinets I service have Foster or equiv tweeters, where the voice coil assembly CAN be replaced.

I'm also concerned about the power supply filter caps, as 240V applied to the amps AC mains input would produce twice the voltage on those caps.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

In looking around it does say "two polymer dome tweeters".
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If you measured that right at the tweeter terminals then they are no good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	223246.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	908382
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

When I make a test with 9v battery connected To the cables there is no click sound, but with tweeter’s capacitor out there is! Measuring on tweeter cables there is no reading on multi tool! With capacitor out the reading is 1-1.5 Oms. The tweeters are exactly as the picture on previous post (g1)

Comment

Originally posted by Relase View Post
            When I make a test with 9v battery connected To the cables there is no click sound, but with tweeter’s capacitor out there is! Measuring on tweeter cables there is no reading on multi tool! With capacitor out the reading is 1-1.5 Oms. The tweeters are exactly as the picture on previous post (g1)
            What happens if you drive the tweeter terminals with an oscillator @ 2.5kHz (assuming you have one)? The DCR measurement of 1-1.5 ohms sounds much too low. Though, it's sounding like you have two bad tweeters.
            Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

All we need is a go-nogo test. Do you have ANY dome tweeter around the shop? Connect it to the crossover stuff and see if it makes sound. If it does and the original does not, well, there you are.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
              X