Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashdown Fans - suck or blow

Hi there,

Can anyone confirm which way round the fans in Ashdowns e.g. MAG300, EBM EVO are normally oriented... ???

Mike

Looking at my Ashdown files, one of my photos show the fan's MFGR circular label on the inside rather than facing the outside of the chassis rear. They look to be positioned to be blowing air into the heat sinks rather than exhausting the hot air from the heat sinks.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

I'm not sure if all fan mfgr's use the same format of airflow direction relative to the location of their circular mfgr label on the motor frame. In this case, the label is on the inside, and I do recall the airflow to be flowing INTO the heatsinks.
      Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Thanks... I agree with you...

Having done more research...
        Trace Elliot (same designer in Clive Button) blow onto heatsinks and some photos on the web show fans with no label visible on the rear indicating cold air flow onto the heatsinks. Also I recall seeing lots of dust on the front vents on one of the big 900 ABMs once.

Comment

The direction is embossed on the fan chassis. An arrow points the direction of the air flow.
          Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
          If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Working...
          X